2002 Off-Road Event Collection - Calendar Of EventsPosted in Events on April 1, 2002 Comment (0)
Official Sweepstakes Rules1. McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc. is offering the Toys for Your Tools Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Monday, August 12, 2002. Sweepstakes is only open to residents within the fifty (50) United States who possess a valid driver's license and are 18 years or older as of August 12, 2002. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Employees of McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc. ("Sponsor"), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion a gencies and their family/household members are not eligible to enter. All federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations apply.
3. Enter by filling out (1) one official entry form available in the following participating magazines, or by providing your name, address and phone number on a 3 1/2" x 5" card containing the magazine's address and the name of the sweepstakes. You may also enter the sweepstakes by visiting the web site addresses indicated: Auto Sound & Security, PO Box 56953, Boulder, CO 80322-6953 (www.autosoundmag.com); Car Audio and Electronics, PO Box 58265, Boulder, CO 80322-8265 (www.caraudiomag.com); Classic Trucks, PO Box 56643, Boulder, CO 80322-6643 (www.classictrucksweb.com); Custom Rodder, PO Box 56899, Boulder, CO 80322-6899 (www.customrodder.com); Drag Racing USA, PO Box 56492, Boulder, CO 80322-6492 (www.dragracingusaweb.com); 4 Wheel Drive & SUV, PO Box 56311, Boulder, CO 80322-6311 (www.4wdandsportutility.com); GM High-Tech Performance, PO Box 56133, Boulder, CO 80322-6133 (www.gmhightechperformance.com); High Performance Mopar, PO Box 56412, Boulder, CO 80322-6412 (www.highperformancemopar.com); High Performance Pontiac, PO Box 56351, Boulder, CO 80322-6351 (www.highperformancepontiac.com); Import Tuner, PO Box 56467, Boulder, CO 80322-6467 (www.importtuner.com); Kit Car Illustrated, PO Box 56521, Boulder, CO 80322-6521, (www.kitcarillustrated.com); Lowrider, PO Box 56857, Boulder, CO 80322-6857 (www.lowridermagazine.com); Lowrider Euro, PO Box 56455, Boulder, CO 80322-6455 (www.lowridereuromagazine.com); Mini Truckin', PO Box 56677, Boulder, CO 80322-6677 (www.minitruckinweb.com); Mini Truckin', PO Box 56677, Boulder, CO 80322-6677 (www.minitruckinweb.com); Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, PO Box 56388, Boulder, CO 80322-6388 (www.musclemustangfastfords.com); Mustang Illustrated, PO Box 56563, Boulder, CO 80322-6563 (www.mustangillustrated.com); Off Road, PO Box 56761, Boulder, CO 80322-6761(www.off-roadweb.com); Popular Hot Rodding, PO Box 56157, Boulder, CO 80322-6157 (www.popularhotrodding.com); Street Rodder, PO Box 56282, Boulder, CO 80322-6282 (www.streetrodderweb.com); Super Chevy, PO Box 56026, Boulder, CO 80322-6026 (www.superchevy-web.com); Truckin's SUV, PO Box 56464, Boulder, CO 80322-6464 (www.truckinssuv.com); Turbo & High Tech Performance, PO Box 56461, Boulder, CO 80322-6461 (www.turbomagazine.com); Vette, PO Box 56824, Boulder, CO 80322-6824 (www.vetteweb.com); VW Trends, PO Box 56001, Boulder, CO 80322-6001 (www.vwtrendsweb.com). Individuals may enter this sweepstakes by filling out the online form only once. Entries may be handwritten or typed. Multiple entries are not permitted. One entrant per entry. No more than one entry per envelope. One entry per person per e-mail address. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on August 12, 2002. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. Entries that are printed by machine, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible or incomplete are not eligible.
4. The prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or around September 12, 2002, from among all eligible entries received as of August 12, 2002. The total number of eligible entries received will determine odds of winning. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor will have the right to photograph the winner. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, picture, likeness and city and state of residence for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion for no additional compensation.
5. One (1) grand prize winner receives: a Craftsman 1,197 piece tool set, 52-inch chest and mobile tool cart, and a Craftsman 2-stage 25 gallon compressor. Ten (10) runners-up will receive a 159 piece Craftsman tool set. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the prize. Prize is not transferable. No substitutions of prize allowed by winner, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable by winner for cash value. Estimated combined retail value of prizes is $8270.00.
6. The winner (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility showing compliance with Sweepstakes rules and a publicity/liability release. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
7. All entrants release Sponsor, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
8. Failure to execute and return any requested document within twenty-one (21) days of postmark, or return of notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner may be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winner.
9. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
10. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. A complete list of prize winners will be available on the web sites listed in Section 3 on Friday, November 9, 2002 or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after January 15, 2002 to:McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc., Attn: CIRCULATION Dept., Toys for Your Tools Sweepstakes Winner's List, 2400 E. Katella Ave., 11th Floor, Anaheim, CA 92806.
12. The sponsor of this sweepstakes is McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc., 2400 East Katella Ave., 11th Floor, Anaheim, CA 92806.
March1-3 Texas - 9th Annual YO Ranch. The 40,000 acre YO Ranch features 56 species of wildlife roaming freely, in addition to an Old West-tradition experience. For more information, contact: Jeep Jamboree USA, (530) 333-4777, www.jeepjamboreeusa.com.
2 California - 23rd Annual Snow Poker Run. Proceeds from this event go to the charitable organizations affiliated with Kingsburg 4-Wheel Drive Club. This event will feature a giant raffle and free cocoa and chili. For more information, contact: www.cal4wheel.com.
6 Mexico - Easy four-wheeling and great scenery as you travel down Baja to see the majestic California Gray Whales. For more information, contact: (760) 789-1563, www.4westernadventures.com.
14-16 New Mexico - Extreme Rock Crawling Nationals in Farmington. For more information, contact: ARCA, www.rockcrawler.org.
15-16 North Dakota - U.S. Hot Rod Thunder Nationals held at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks. This event features monster trucks, a pit party, and much more. For more information, contact: www.ushra.com.
15-17 Nevada - U.S. Hot Rod Monster Jam held at the Livestock Events Center in Reno. This event features monster trucks and a pit party. For more information, contact: www.ushra.com.
17-18 Arizona - Goodyear Extreme Rock Crawling Championship in Phoenix. or more information, contact: ARCA, (801) 446-5337.
22-24 California - Borrego, Boondoggle, three days of action-packed badland adventure in Palm Canyon. This event features Sandstone Canyon, the Texas Dip, and San Felipe Wash. For more information, contact: Harry Lewellyn, (949) 45-7733, (949) 645-7738 (fax).
24 North Carolina - 1st Annual Southern Crawlers ride at Tellico. Everyone is welcome. For more information, contact: www.geocities.com/southerncrawlers.
April5-7 Alabama - Superlift 4xAdventure. For more information, contact: www.sportsintherough.com.
6-7 California - Lacerne Sand Session. This event couple's sand-driving skill improvement with local geological and archeological attractions. You'll practice ups and downs and learn recovery methods. For more information, contact: Harry Lewellyn, (949) 645-7733, (949) 645-7738 (fax).
12-14 North Carolina - 2nd Appalachian. This event offers rockcrawling, hillclimbing, and stream-crossing. For more information, contact: Jeep Jamboree USA, (530) 333-4777, www.jeepjamboreeusa.com.
12-14 Arizona - Arizona IH Rendezvous. For more information, contact: Sonora Desert Scouts, Dept. OR, P.O. Box 62421, Phoenix, AZ 85082.
12-14 Arkansas - Ramsey National Off Road Challenge Series. For more information, contact: www.sportsintherough.com.
19-21 Indiana - Superlift 4xAdventure. For more information, contact: www.sportsintherough.com.
26-28 North Carolina - Smokey Mountain Venture at Tellico. For more information, contact: www.mudhunters.com.
27-28 New Mexico - Pro Rock NM State Rock Crawling Championship. For more information, contact: www.sportsintherough.com.