GeoStash GPS Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARYA PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Introduction: 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine (a publication of McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc.) (Sponsor) is offering the "GeoStash GPS Contest.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 years of age as of September 15, 2005 and a legal resident of the 48 continental United States or the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, the Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine's GeoStash II event will cover 12 issues starting with October 2006 issue (on sale 8/08/06) and running though the September 2007 issue (on sale 6/07/2007). The contest end for GeoStash II will be July 31, 2007. If the marker is not found for any given month 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine reserves the right to award the prize to anyone who may have participated in the contest, or the prize will be donated to a four-wheel-drive club of our choosing to be raffled off at an event of their choice. Primedia and 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine cannot and will not be responsible for damaged or broken vehicles while out on the trail, personal injury, or wasted time while looking for the marker. You are assuming all responsibility and liability by participating.
4. How to Enter: Throughout the Promotional Period, each monthly issue of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine ("Magazine") will contain a hidden GPS Coordinates expressed as a latitude and longitude. The GPS Coordinates may appear in a drawing, sketch, article or editorial content or in a photo. They will not be hidden in advertisements. A Steel Marker laser cut with the Magazines title, 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility will be located at a site corresponding to the GPS Coordinate ("Marker"). The Marker will be inscribed with a phone number to call for instructions to claim the prize. Participants who located the Marker must take a picture of him or herself holding the Marker. The Marker and other material should be sent via certified mail, return receipt requested. Claims without the Marker will be void. All claims subject to verification. Limit one prize per person throughout the Promotion Period. Any claim received that is tampered with, illegible, mutilated, reproduced, contains printing or other errors, or not obtained legitimately, will be null and void. Sponsor and affiliated companies are not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors or for lost, late or misdirected mail
5. Prizes: Twelve (12) prizes (one per month) are available to be won. The prize and the prize value for each month will be described in each issue of the Magazine, and on www.4wheeldriveandsportutility.com. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. However, in the event a prize is not claimed by August 15, 2006 the prize will be donated to a charitable organization of Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
6. General Terms and Conditions: Each potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. If due to a printing or other administrative error, more prizes are claimed in any month than intended to be awarded according to Rule 5, prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among valid prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 5. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
7. Release: EACH PARTICIPANT AND THE WINNERS AGREE THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, ARE RELEASED AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY EACH PARTICIPANT AND THE WINNERS FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
8. Winners List: A complete list of prize winners will be available at www.4wdandsportutility.com after September 15, 2006, or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to the address listed above.9. Sponsor: 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine (a publication of McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc.). Any correspondence regarding this matter should be sent to Kevin McNulty, 2400 E. Katella Avenue, 11th Floor, Anaheim, CA 92806.
Be safe, be smart, and keep your vehicles on the trail. Responsible four-wheeling and concern for the environment are key factors for us, and should be for you too. No fighting, biting, scratching, clawing, or whining over the marker. I will not take any calls or emails from people who think they were cheated or think the contest isn't fair. No complaining. In some cases subscribers of this magazine may receive it before it is placed on some newsstands, and some subscribers may receive it before other subscribers. It would be next to impossible for everyone to receive their copy of the magazine on the same day at the same time. This is out of our control and cannot be changed. Only one prize per individual; no multiple wins.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. The GeoStash II contest open to anyone 18 years of age and older as of July 26, 2006. Participants must be a legal resident of the 48 continental United States or the District of Columbia. Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on July 26, 2006 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on July 31, 2007 ("Promotion Period").