Trail Tour Adventure Winners
The staff at 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine would like to congratulate Jeff Patterson from Middletown, New York, and Jay Kemp from Hillsboro, Oregon. These two readers submitted two extensive and very convincing entries. We look forward to having them along on the adventure. There were so many cool responses to the Trail Tour Adventure contest that it was difficult for the staff to choose two participants. We would like to thank you all for your participation and hope to see your entries again in 2007. Stay tuned for full magazine and internet coverage of the adventure.
In an effort to get you more involved and out on the trail, I would like to include two very lucky readers to participate in a four-wheel adventure planned for the summer of 2006. Hopefully, this will be the first of many similar adventures to come. Last year, Scott Frary of Detroit Locker (formerly Tractech now Eaton Performance Products) put on a very successful Trail Tour Adventure in Washington state. This adventure was featured in the April '05 issue of 4 WHEEL DRIVE & SPORT UTILITY MAGAZINE titled "Naches."
This year, we are ramping up the event to include top names in the off-road industry and two lucky readers of 4WD&SU Magazine. Representatives from Poison Spyder, Dynatrac, PSC Motorsports, MasterCraft, CTM Racing, TrailReady, Quadratec, Kilby Enterprises, and Roberts Jeep will be participating. The event will be challenging, but not extraordinarily extreme, and it will receive full coverage in 4WD&SU as well as on Superlift's Off Road Adventures TV show.
This year's adventure will take place in Montana, start just outside of Lewistown, Wyoming from June 12 to 16. From start to finish the adventure will wind its way over, through, and around 1000 miles of spectacular mountain trails. Amazingly, the majority of the event will be on private property. This is guaranteed to be a great escape! To be considered for participation in this event, you must tell us why you would like to attend the event and why we should choose you for the adventure, and fill out an online questionnaire. The staff at 4WD&SU will select the participants based upon what we feel are the best and most original responses. Submissions can be made via e-mail or regular mail; they must be received no later than May 15, 2006. I also need to receive a photo of your vehicle, and the rig must meet our mechanical and safety requirements. The readers selected to participate will be announced on 4WD&SU's website and personally contacted. For full event details, vehicle requirements, rules and regulations, and event updates you must visit www.4wdandsportutility.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contest is valid in the 50 United States and D.C. (void where prohibited/restricted). Must be age 18 or older with valid driver's license to enter or win. Contest begins at12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on April 5, 2006 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on May 15, 2006 (mailed entries must be received by 5/15/06). Only entries using the online entry form will be accepted (submit via internet or by mail).
If you are interested in participating in the Detroit Locker and 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility please answer the following questions. These must be received no later than May 15, 2006.Your answers can be emailed to me at email@example.com or mailed to: 2400 East Katella Avenue - 7th Floor, Anaheim, CA 92806.
2. City, State, & Address.
3. Phone Number & email address.
4. Please Tell the staff of 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine why you would like to be included in the adventure? This must be less than 1000 words. We will choose the lucky winners based on their entries creativity, originality, and most meaningful request.
5. Tell us about your vehicle? Your vehicle must meet our mechanical and safety standard requirements. Please include a comprehensive description of all aftermarket components and safety features.
6. Your entry must include clear and descriptive photos of your vehicle.
1. Introduction: 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine is offering the publication/online Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 years of age as of 04/05/2006 and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor(s), the Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. on 04/05/2006 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on 05/15/2006.
4. How to Enter: To be eligible for the event you must comply with all rules and regulations set forth. To be considered for participation in this event, you must tell us (in writing via email or letter) why you would like to attend the event and why we should choose you for this adventure. ONLY TWO VEHILCES through this contest will be chosen for this event. The owner of each vehicle may include one passenger. ONLY TWO PEOPLE PER VEHICE, driver and passenger. The staff at 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine will select the participants based on the submissions what we feel are the best responses. Submissions can be made via email or regular mail; they must be received no later than May 15, 2006. We will also need to receive a photo of the vehicle, which will be used in the event. THE VEHICLE MUST MEET OUR MECHANICAL STANDARDS AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS. The readers selected to participate will be announced on 4WD&SU's website and personally contacted via email and or phone. For full event details and vehicle requirements, you must visit www.4wdandsportutility.com. More than one entry from any person or e-mail address will void all entries from that person or e-mail address. Letters can be mailed to: Kevin McNulty, 2400 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, California 92806.
5. Judging Criteria: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Participants will be chosen by the staff from 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility. The contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners/participants will be notified by e-mail, phone and or mail by 05/20/06. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all entries received.
6. Prizes: The following prize for this contest will be the ability of those chosen (two participants, two vehicles) to participate in the Detroit Locker/4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine Trail Tour. The adventure will take place in Montana, just outside of Lewistown, from June 12th to 16th. From start to finish the adventure will wind its way over, through, approximately 150 miles of spectacular Rocky Mountain trails. All travel expenses to and from the event is the sole responsibility of those chosen to participate.
Eaton/Detroit Locker Rules of the Tour
7. No trailers are allowed of the adventure. Trailer t the start and from the finish are permitted. If support vehicles are used they must be out of sight of any camera crew.
8. Jeep and full sized Jeep vehicles only. Cherokees, Grand Cherokees, Toyota's and similar sized vehicles will also be permitted. Just remember that more vehicle body could mean more body damage.
9. The tour will continue despite breakdowns. Detroit Locker/Tractech will have people on the trail to help you out if serious damage occurs.
10. Vehicle advertising is limited to the company attending the event. If a customer attends, their company name and logo is permitted. Specific product ads are not permitted.
11. No alcohol allowed on the trail.
12. No children under 18.
13. No pets.
Required Vehicle Equipment
14. 2 lockers per vehicle are required and must be Eaton E-Locker/Tractech/Detroit Locker product or factory differentials only.
15. 33-inch or larger tires.
16. Working CB - heavy emphasis on Working.
17. First aid kit.
18. Roll bar (cage not required but recommended)
20. Appropriate recovery gear, shackles, straps, gloves, and tree trunk protectors.
21. Spare tire and jack.
22. Spare parts and tools.
23. Appropriate clothing for all weather, heat, cold, wet.
24. Fire extinguisher.
Eaton/Detroit Locker, 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine, and Primedia will not be responsible for any bodily injury to participants, any body damage or mechanical failure to any vehicle. All vehicles must be in safe and legal operating conditions to travel on trails, roads, and highways.