2008 SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge Trophy Trucks Day 2Posted in Events on January 1, 2008 0) (
Sunday, January 27th 2008. Laughlin Nevada. SCORE LDC Trophy Trucks, Day 2.
Day two of the '08 LDC brought with it rain, and the rain brought with it mud, and the mud brought out some of the best Trophy Truck racing action that we had seen in a long while. The rain soaked course added a whole new degree of difficulty to the already gnarly course and this showed in the final finishing order. While there were ten teams that finished the full eight laps with in the time limit on Saturday (day one) only five of those teams completed the second eight laps on Sunday (day two).
After adding the times from the two days of racing together Rich Ronco of Peoria Arizona came out on top with a total time of 2hours 12minutes and 57 seconds, beating out B.J. Baldwin by less than one minute.
We can't wait to see what the rest of the 2008 SCORE racing series has to offer!
SCORE TROPHY-TRUCK (Unlimited Production Trucks, 16 laps, 100 miles)
1. Rich Ronco, Peoria, Ariz., Chevy Silverado, 2:12:57
2. B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado, 2:13:38
3. Damen Jefferies, Apple Valley, Calif., Chevy Silverado 2:15:44
4. Bobby Baldwin, Las Vegas, Chevy Silverado, 2:19:02
5. Robbie Pierce, Santee, Calif./Brent Gustin, Seal Beach, Calif., Chevy Silverado, 2:22:25
Be sure to check out pages 2 & 3 for even more exciting Trophy Truck action!