Subscribe to a magazine

Two Cabins

Back to article View Gallery
26 of 27
The Van Deren Cabin is actually two cabins connected by a common roof. Earl Van Deren bought the land in 1924 and moved the north cabin (on the right) into its present location sometime between 1924 and 1929. Earl got married in 1930 and built the south cabin as living quarters for himself and his new bride. A brass plaque affixed to a rock tells us that the cabins were used in at least two movies during the 1940s: Riders of the Purple Sage and Blood on the Moon.

Advertisement