Map Detective Contest Rules
1. Introduction: 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine (a publication of McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc.) ("Sponsor") is offering the "Map Detective Contest ("Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Contest will be open to everyone, ages eighteen (18) and older as of December 1, 2006 who are legal residents of the continental United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to enter.
3. Timing: Contest will have one (1) winner per month for twelve (12) months. ("Promotion Period").
Month 1 begins on December 12, 2006 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. January 8, 2007
Month 2 begins on January 9, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. February 5, 2007
Month 3 begins on February 6, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. March 12, 2007
Month 4 begins on March 13, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. April 2, 2007
Month 5 begins on April 10, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. May 7, 2007
Month 6 begins on May 8, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. June 11, 2007
Month 7 begins on June 12, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. July 9, 2007
Month 8 begins on July 10, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. August 6, 2007
Month 9 begins on August 7, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. September 10, 2007
Month 10 begins on September 11, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. October 8, 2007
Month 11 begins on October 9, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. November 6, 2007
Month 12 begins on November 8, 2007 at 12:00:01 a.m. E.T. and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. December 5, 2007
4. How to Enter: Within the Promotion Period, each issue of 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine will contain clues that assist in identifying the location on the topographical map found on the Contest page. The clues will not be hidden in advertisements, drawings, sketches, or photos. Send an email identifying the location, along with your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth to email@example.com. The first person to submit a correct answer in each Promotion Period identifying the location of the topographical map will win the prize for that Promotion Period. Multiple entries are not permitted in each Promotion Period. No more than one entry per household can be submitted in each Promotion Period. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries.
5. Judging Criteria: Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The first person to submit a correct answer, in each Promotion Period, identifying the location of the topographical map will win the prize for that Promotion Period. The Contest will take place under the supervision of Sponsors. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or before the end of each Promotion Period. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place. 6. Prizes: Twelve (12) prizes (one per month) are available to be won. The prize and prize value for each month will be described in each issue of the Magazine, and on www.4wdandsportutility.com. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have been won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant's consent (or that of their parent/legal guardian should they be a minor in their state of residence) to irrevocably assign to Sponsors any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. Potential winners and any guests who will share in the prize may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. The winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where lawful, a Publicity Release. All traveling companions will be required to execute a Travel Release. All taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
10. All entrants release Sponsors, their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this from any and all liability from injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this promotion or acceptance or use of any prize.
11. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
12. Winner's List: A complete list of prizewinners will be available at www.4wdandsportutility.com after January 5, 2008.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is 4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine (a publication of McMullen Argus Publishing, Inc.) whose address is 2400 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92806. Map image provided by Trails.com.