Report: 4 of 4
Previous reports: Jan. '06, Apr. '06,July '06
Base price: $22,100
Price as tested: $26,050
Four-wheel-drive system: Electronic part-time two-speed
Miles to date: 14,200
Miles since last report: 1,883
Average mpg (this report): 17.31
Test Best tank (mpg): 18.85
Test Worst tank (mpg): 11.70
This period: None
Problem areas: Squeaky suspension, rear door alignment
What's Hot,What's Not
Hot: Drivetrain is still outstanding in its class, and the factory bedliner with the tie-down and rail system keeps our junk from sliding around the bed. Mostly we love how well the Nissan does in the dirt-a very competent and confidence-inspiring machine, even to the 'wheeling novice.
Not: A lack of clearance at the rocker panels has gotten us a bit nervous on rocky trails, and the dash could be a bit nicer, but other than that, it is tough to find fault with this pickup.
* "Left-side rear door is out of alignment-too hard on truck in Death Valley?"
* "I'd sacrifice some bed space for the people-hauling comfort of the Crew Cab."
* "Shock valving works best at high speed."
* "Squeak, squeak, squeak-something in the rear springs."
* "What a great truck-this is one I am going to miss having in the fleet."
* "Does Nissan do employee discounts for us?"