The early Willys truck interiors were significantly different than what came later. This is one of the main reasons Ron was attracted to it. The column-shift was only available in 1947 and midway thru 1948, to serial number 34,787 only a few after Ron’s. The cloth tweed-like headliner was replaced in 1949 with cardboard. The seat base doors on the sides of the seat base were eliminated in 1949 when the seats were altered to tilt out of the way for underseat storage access. The engine-turned instrument cluster was changed to a simpler painted one in 1948. The foot actuated starter was used until 1952, when key-start was introduced. The odometer shows 49 miles on the rebuilt speedometer, but the mileage when the restoration began was only a bit over 54,000.