Trail Tools Product Guide - Never Leave Home WithoutPosted in How To on May 1, 2010 Comment (0)
While we carry a healthy selection of hand tools with us on every trail ride, we also have a collection of off-road-specific and repair items that we never leave home without. These are what we call "Trail Tools," and they are ever handy in those "Uh Oh" situations that sneak up when you least expect them. From jacks to tire plug kits to purpose-built hand tools and on-board welders, the list of available Trail Tools is extensive.
Check out the following selection of Trail Tools to see what your 4x4 may need to tackle the trails and make it home in one piece.
Premier Power Welder
• On-board, in-vehicle welding system from Premier Power Welder
• High-frequency, 100-percent duty cycle welder able to ARC, MIG, and TIG weld just above engine idle.
• Premier unit offers battery charging, welding, and 115-volt DC power source capabilities.
• Can be used to run power equipment such as grinders, drills, saws, and incandescent lights.
• New streamlined control box uses fewer switches for easy operation.
• New four stud stiffener mounting system offers easy mounting in cramped spaces and new vehicles.
Premier Power Welder
• Trek 180 battery-powered wire welder.
• Weld-anywhere capability.
• Rugged constant-voltage DC welder power source.
• Built-in gas solenoid valve and polarity changeover for both MIG and flux-cored processes.
• Uses an ergonomic MIG torch with 10 feet of line.
• Includes a removable power/recharging cord with plug and a 10-foot work cable with clamp.
• Includes a sample spool of 0.030-inch self-shielded flux-cored welding wire.
• Features two premium, high-performance, sealed lead-acid batteries.
• Features a durable built-in wire feeder with quick-change drive rolls.
• Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4-inch steel with 180-amp maximum output.
• Portable Ready Welder II offers anywhere welding capability.
• System can be used to weld steel, stainless, and aluminum, or any metals where standard one or two pound spools are available.
• Capable of welding 22 Gauge up to ¾-inch-thick.
• Connects to MIG/constant voltage output welders.
• Uses wire sizes from 0.023 to 0.045 without changing rollers.
• Wire speeds of 50 inches to 900 inches per minute.
• Features polarity indicator lights.
• Includes a ten foot cable with quick disconnects. Cable can be extended to 100 feet.
• Includes a foam-lined blow-molded storage case.
• ARB Speedy Seal tire puncture repair kit.
• Includes all of the components necessary to repair tubeless radial or cross-ply tires, without removing the tire or rim.
• Features a quality pencil-type tire gauge with dual pressure range and dual chuck.
• Includes insertion and reamer tools, lubricant, additional valve accessories, and 30 self-vulcanizing repair cords for complete air sealing.
• Spare repair cords are available in packs of 50 from ARB.
• Kit includes a high-visibility, blow-molded case.
• Small and compact tire puncture repair kit from Extreme Outback Products.
• Offers everything needed for tubeless tire repair.
• Includes 15 high quality plugs, three valve cores, three tubes of glue, a razor knife, valve caps, a four-way tire tool, and a handle with needle inserter and probe.
• All items are contained in a Mil Spec two compartment pouch.
Extreme Outback Products
Total Chaos Fabrication
• Aluminum jack skid plate designed for Craftsman Aluminum Racing Jack.
• The jack skid plate replaces the front roller and rear wheels on Craftsman jacks to provide a stable lifting platform in soft dirt and sand.
• Skid plate is laser-cut and CNC-bent to ensure a proper fit.
• The design of the skid plate base allows the jack and skid plate to be mounted to a roll cage or bed area of the vehicle.
• Craftsman Aluminum Racing Jack is sold separately.
Total Chaos Fabrication
Off Road Trail Tools
• New easy mount Recovery Strap Holder and Wheel Chock from Off Road Trail Tools.
• Aluminum Recovery Strap Holder designed for easy access to your recovery strap.
• Countless mounting location options for inside or outside any 4x4.
• The non-rusting, locking aluminum holder accepts 20- and 30-foot, 2-inch recovery straps.
• Available in natural aluminum or powder coated semi-gloss black.
• New Wheel Chock is designed with unique tooling to produce friction to grip dirt and other surfaces.
• Can be used to keep vehicle safe and stable for repairs or jacking.
• Wheel Chocks can be unfolded and laid out horizontally to double as a traction device.
• Equipped with stainless steel hardware, wheel chocks are non-sparking and non-rusting.
• Tested using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), 3D Deflection, and strain and stress analysis.
Off Road Trail Tools
• New Tiger Claw Generation II ultimate recovery hitch.
• CNC-machined from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum and black anodized for years of service.
• Offers a 5/8-inch alloy steel shackle and a massive tow hook rated at 10,000 pounds of working load.
• Also available is the Classic Tiger Hitch Extreme, made from alloy steel.
• Fits standard 2-inch hitch receivers.
• Locking hitch pin is sold separately.
• Made in the U.S.A.
Hi-Lift Jack Company
• New Hi-Lift adjustable tube mounts offer easy jack mounting options.
• Designed for mounting Hi-Lift jacks to round and square tube bumpers, bull bars, roll cages, and roof racks.
• Two sizes available to fit 1- to 2-inch-diameter tube and 2- to 3-inch-diameter tube.
• Mounts are manufactured using 6061-T6 structural aluminum and stainless steel hardware.
• Easy installation with no drilling required.
Hi-Lift Jack Company
• The King Race Jack is a tough and lightweight jacking device designed to be carried onboard race vehicles. It is recommended for open wheel vehicles under 4,500 pounds.
• Offers a mechanical design that does not rely on hydraulic pressure to lift your vehicle.
• Knurled jacking pin adjusts up or down to match the ride height of your vehicle. Pin slips into jacking bosses welded to suspension members or chassis.
• Actuation screw has the same 3/4-inch hex as most lug nuts for quick tire changes.
• Large, round, articulating base provides a stable footprint when jacking on uneven terrain.
• Large 1-1/4-inch hard chromed shaft has a full 14 inches of travel.
• Quick-release fire extinguisher mount.
• Bolts or clamps to any flat or round mounting surface.
• Provides secure mounting for any size fire extinguisher.
• Offers a quick-release pin for easy on-the-fly access.
• Left and Right hand release pins are available.
• Laser cut from 3/16- and 1/8-inch high-strength steel.
• Mount is zinc-plated for maximum corrosion resistance.
• Pull-Pal is an anchoring tool that is both portable and well-suited for a wide range of environments, including sand, clay, mud, hardpan soil, and snow.
• Designed for winch-equipped vehicles that need an anchor point to begin recovery.
• The Pull-Pal plow blade sets firmly and safely into any terrain to create an anchor point.
• The Pull-Pal folds compactly to the size of an ordinary bumper jack for easy storage.
• Ruggedly constructed with a forged chromoly plow assembly, welded construction overall, and assembled with Grade 8 bolts for strength and quality.
• Three sizes available to suit vehicle weight and size.
• Pillowtrack is an inflatable self-recovery device that provides a quick and easy-to-use solution for a whole range of 4x4 obstacles.
• The Pillowtrack kit contains one 42x20-inch inflatable traction mat, one inflatable bladder, a hand pump, and a compressor adaptor.
• Pillowtrack comes in an easily stowable package (the size of a small duffle bag) and weighs only 8.8 pounds.
• Made from high quality, heavy-duty materials.
• Capable of withstanding the weight of a four-ton vehicle.
• Can function as a sand ladder, a jack, a traction pad, or even a bridge.
• All Pillowtracks are backed by a no-quibble two-year guarantee.
• Radiator hose pinch-off pliers and four-wheel drive ball joint service kit from Harbor Freight.
• The four-wheel drive ball joint service kit includes everything you need to service ball joints on many 4WD vehicles.
• Kit includes a C-frame with installation and removal adapters all packed in a blow-molded case.
• Components are drop-forged, black oxide-treated to resist corrosion.
• Kit also can be used to remove and install U-joints.
• Radiator hose pinch-off pliers eliminate the need to drain the radiator when servicing or repairing the cooling system.
• The jaws swivel for parallel and level clamping and the long handles add extra leverage.
• Positive clamping for tight seals on larger hoses.
• Great for use on heater and radiator hoses, water, vacuum, fuel, and air lines.
• Rubicon Express jam nut crowfoot wrenches.
• Designed to be used on Rubicon Express upper and lower adjustable control arms.
• Made from hardened steel.
• Designed to attach to a 1/2-inch breaker bar to provide the performance of a full-size end wrench.
• Available in 1 1/2 and 1 7/8-inch sizes.
Mac's Custom Tie-Downs
• Mac's Trail D-Vise is an on-the-go vise that fits a standard hitch receiver.
• Simply slide the D-Vise into your receiver, pin it and you have a stout bench vise in the middle of nowhere.
• Turns using your lug wrench or socket wrench, or the included handle that stows neatly on the side when not in use.
• Designed to open far enough to repair U-joints on the trail.
• Can be pinned in place upright or sideways to accommodate different materials.
• Includes new 'Slip-Not' surfaced jaws and a separate set of pipe-jaws beneath.
Mac's Custom Tie-Downs
• The new M-Pact Glove from Mechanix Wear is designed for extreme protection for tough jobs.
• Features an anatomically-engineered direct sonic welded rubber top and EVA foam palm pads for improved protection.
• Offers tapered finger stretch side panels and a Spandex stretch panel at the thumb.
• The wrap-around rubber-molded wrist closure adds additional protection.
• New molded-rubber exoskeleton design adds knuckle protection.
• Sure grip rubberized panels on thumb and fingertip for extra control.
• Gorilla Tape is an "over-engineered" adhesive tape that is thicker, stickier, and tougher than any other all-purpose tape on the market.
• From the same company that produces Gorilla Glue.
• Available in 35 and 12 yard roll sizes and the new handy 1-inch roll, which is 1-inch x 30-feet.
• Features 17mm of thick, aggressive adhesive for extra sticky grip.
• Will stick to concrete, rough lumber, metal, stucco or even brick and other porous materials.
• Strong reinforced backing allows for enhanced flexibility and durability.
• Tough all-weather shell is resilient in extreme weather and under harsh UV rays.
The Gorilla Glue Company
• The Source is a complete portable air system consisting of an aluminum cylinder of pressurized liquid CO2 which is released as a vapor through OffRoadAir's Hyper-FLO Regulator.
• Supplied with a 20-foot high-quality COMP-FLEX hose, quick connects, tire ball chuck, and trail-worthy heavy-duty mounting bracket.
• Cylinders are manufactured from 6061-T6 aluminum with a service pressure of 1,800 PSI and a safety burst mechanism of 3,000 PSI.
• Can be used to inflate tires, run air tools, inflate air mattresses, or simply to blow dust out of your 4x4.
• Many tank sizes are available.
• Two year free replacement/repair on any manufacturer defective component
Adventure Medical Kits
• The Mountain Series Comprehensive Medical kit is a welcome addition to any 4x4 that travels where professional medical care may be hours or days away.
• Includes AMK’s Easy Care System, which organizes hospital-quality supplies and instructions into injury-specific compartments with illustrated instructional cards, allowing even a novice to confidently and quickly administer first aid.
• Includes a wound irrigation system to clean and close wounds, hospital-quality instruments, oral rehydration salts, a CPR face shield, a SAM splint, and materials and meds to treat broken bones, sprains, blisters, stomach upset, and much more.
• All items packed in a detachable, ultralight waterproof bag.
• Adventure Medical Kits also offers Quickclot, a chemically inert material in a mesh bag that speeds coagulation of blood, resulting in a stable clot that stops bleeding.
• Quickclot stops bleeding quicker than conventional methods and is safe to leave on wounds until more advanced medical help arrives.
• Quickclot is a must for any first aid or emergency kit.
Adventure Medical Kits
• Summit Racing safety wire and pliers value pack and electrical wiring kit value pack.
• Safety wire and pliers value pack includes a 1-pound can of military spec safety wire and a pair of spring-loaded, automatic-return safety wire pliers.
• Pliers can be used as a cutter, a wire twister, and a heavy-duty pair of pliers.
• The electrical wiring kit value pack includes a 180-piece nylon terminal kit, standard wire stripper/cutter, spring-loaded wire stripping tool, a circuit tester, a 61-piece heat shrink tubing kit, 250 nylon black tie wraps, a pencil-type soldering iron, and a 125-piece rubber grommet kit.
• All items in the electrical wiring kit value pack are stored in a black and red canvas tool bag.