Parts break, especially when you're doing your best to push your 4x4 beyond its limits. When the trail hits back you'll want to be ready. The best way to do that is to have the right tools on hand to complete field repairs as necessary. Most of the tools listed here will help fix what's broken while also helping you simplify essential trail prep tasks. Equip your 4x4 with the right trail tools and you can 'wheel without worry.
ARB Speedy Seal
The ARB Speedy Seal tire puncture repair kit includes all of the components necessary to repair tubeless radial or cross ply tires, without removing the tire or rim. The kit includes a quality pencil-type tire gauge with dual pressure range and dual chuck, insertion and reamer tools, lubricant, additional valve accessories, and 30 self-vulcanizing repair cords for complete air sealing.
- Packaged in a compact, high-visibility, blow molded carry case
- Spare repair cords are available in packs of 50 from ARB
Cobra HH Road Trip Handheld CB Radio
The Cobra HH Road Trip Handheld CB Radio with Weather and SoundTracker offers 40 CB channels, complete access to 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) for the latest weather information, and SoundTracker, a patent-pending technology that dramatically improves the sound quality of the transmission and reception of CB radio signals.
- High efficiency flexible antenna provides maximum range and bends without breaking
- Includes a magnet-mount mobile antenna and DC power cord for in-vehicle use
- Omni-directional microphone allows voice to be picked up from multiple directions
- Range varies between 1/2 and 4 miles depending on geographic terrain
Cobra Electronics Corporation
Extreme Outback Powersports Puncture Repair Kit
The Extreme Outback Products Powersports Puncture Repair Kit is ideal for repairing tubeless tires. The kit includes: a handle with needle inserter and probe, 15 high-quality plugs, three tubes of glue, three valve cores, a razor knife, two valve caps, a four way tire tool, and a Mil Spec two compartment storage pouch.
- Storage pouch measures 5 by 3.5 by 3.5 inches, about the size of a pocket camera
- This product won a Global Media Award at the 2009 SEMA Show
Extreme Outback Products
Extreme Outback Velocity Portable Compressor Kit
The ExtremeAire Velocity Portable Compressor kit features the first synthetic oil-lubed, 3/4-HP, fan-cooled compressor with a 100-percent continuous duty rating. Features include a 225 PSI restart capability, a 3,000-hour lifespan, and 12- or 24-volt versions.
- The portable version includes 10-foot jumper cables, 30 feet of coil hose, brass fittings, brass air chuck, stainless-steel mounting hardware, a pressure gauge, and an LED flashlight
- The filter element is replaceable and can also be remotely mounted
- Packaged in a portable metal box
Extreme Outback Products
Daystar Products Cam Can
The Daystar Cam Can is a 2.5-gallon can designed to hold extra fuel, water, or other fluid. Each Cam Can includes one mount and three cams to safely attach to any Jeep Wrangler or Toyota rear mounted spare tire. The center lockable shaft is available in two lengths to accommodate up to two Cam Cans (lock sold separately).
- Fits easily within the diameter of a 15-inch wheel and it can be removed in seconds using built-in handles. Additional mounts and cams to store your Cam Can in the garage or on your trailer
- Manufactured from rotationally-molded Paxton 7000 Series Polyurethane Resin
- Available colors/options include: Red CARB Approved with spout for gasoline, Green for any non-fuel liquid or Grey/Blue for potable water
Gerber Vehicle Safety Kit
Gerber's Vehicle Safety Kit equips you with rugged emergency tools for any situation. The kit includes: a Multi-Plier 600 multi-tool, a Back Paxe Axe, water and shock resistant, machined aluminum MAG-Lite 2D Cell flashlight, a compact folding spade, and an Exchange-A-Blade hand saw.
- The compact size (12 by 11 by 3 inches) of the kit enables it to be stored almost anywhere. Velcro strips are included so that it can be adhered to vehicle carpeting
- The included Multi-Plier 600 multi-tool features 14 tools in one, Gerber's patented one-hand opening, and a solid stainless steel construction
The BajaBuster is a multi-use excavation tool designed to be carried in a 4x4. It features three tools in one: a jack handle, a shovel, and a hoe.
- Durable finish and all-steel construction
- Features spade and hoe attachments
Gorilla Tape is made to stick to rough, uneven, unforgiving surfaces. It is available in a wide variety of roll sizes, including 12 yards, a handy 1-inch x 30-foot roll, and the 35 yard Tough & Wide roll, which is nearly 3 inches wide.
- Features double thick adhesive designed to fill up the gaps in rough, uneven surfaces for super strong bite
- Reinforced, tight-weave backing makes Gorilla Tape extra strong, but you can still rip it straight and easy
- Tough all-weather shell – for the toughest jobs in the toughest conditions
The Hi-Lift Jack Company has been making its popular Hi-Lift Jack for over 100 years. The Hi-Lift Jack is a rugged, highly versatile jack capable of lifting, pushing, pulling, winching, and clamping.
- The Hi-Lift Jack offers a rated capacity of 4,660 pounds and a tested capacity of 7,000 pounds
- Only Hi-Lift Jacks are made with a two-piece handle and socket design that is built for extended life
- A full range of specially-designed accessories are available to further the Hi-Lift's capabilities
- Every Jack comes complete with an adjustable top clamp/clevis for use in clamping and winching
- The 1 5/16-inch-diameter x 30-inch-long steel handle is manufactured from 14-gauge high-yield structural tubing with a minimum yield of 55,000 PSI
Hi-Lift Jack Company
Mechanix Wear Gloves
A good pair of work gloves are an asset to any trail rig. They not only keep your hands clean while completing repairs they can also protect your hands from injury and the elements. The Mechanix Wear Material 4X Original glove features Material 4X in the palm and fingertips and offers superior wear, higher abrasion, and greater puncture resistance when compared to leather. The M-Pact glove offers full-coverage hand protection and features a new rubberized grip on the thumb, index finger, and palm, and sonic welded, molded rubber on the knuckles and fingertips.
- The M-Pact Glove is designed using high-impact Poron XRD, which absorbs more shock and vibration associated with repetitive tasks than its much thicker, traditional EVA foam counterpart
- The M-Pact Glove also offers double stitching and dual panels in critical wear areas, Trek Dry spandex top, and a hook and loop wrist closure for a secure fit
- The Material 4X Original Glove provides the same fit, feel, and dexterity of the Original Glove
- The Material 4X Original Glove is completely machine-washable
Off-Road Trail Tools Heavy Duty Trail Repair Clamp Tool
The Heavy Duty Trail Repair Clamp Tool from Off-Road Trail Tools is an easy to carry, store, and use emergency trail repair kit. It's made from 0.120-inch-wall 4130 Chromoly steel tubes that have CNC grooves for holding three #16 hose clamps in place.
- Same I.D. as the inside of a High Lift jack handle
- Made in the USA
- Can be used for a wide variety of trail repairs: necessity will drive innovation
Off-Road Trail Tools
Off-Road Trail Tools Broken Axle Tool
The Broken Axle Tool from Off-Road Trail Tools is offered as a temporary fix in the event that your C-clip axle fails on the trail. When a C-clip goes you'll know because the whole outer axle assembly (including wheel and tire) of your rear C-clip axle will part ways with the rest of your 4x4. The Broken Axle Tool is designed to strap to the frame and put pressure on the tire and wheel to hold the axle shaft in the differential.
- Features sealed roller bearings and a solid, heavy-duty construction
- Can be used with 29- to 37-inch tires
- Parts come in natural raw steel finish
- Made in the USA
Off-Road Trail Tools
Off-Road Trail Tools Wheel Chock
Off-Road Trail Tools' Wheel Chocks are great for use when setting up a winching maneuver or using a Hi-Lift Jack to raise a vehicle. They are non-rusting and non-sparking and include stainless-steel hardware.
- Engineered, designed, and tested using the latest technology
- Rated at 7,000 pounds per axle set
- Made in the USA
- Folds flat for storage and can also be unfolded and laid out horizontal to use as an emergency traction device
Off-Road Trail Tools
Synergy Suspension Nitrogen Kit
The Synergy Suspension Nitrogen Kit is a great way to tune your shocks in the shop or on the trail, all in one small kit. The portable N2 nitrogen kit comes with the essential tools to accurately adjust and recharge re-buildable shocks, air shocks, and hydraulic bumpstops.
- Features a heavy-duty storage case with molded foam compartments
- Includes a new 20CF nitrogen bottle (available in steel or aluminum), a 450psi regulator for those high-pressure recharges, and a high pressure hydraulic hose that will attach to the N2 fill adapter to accurately adjust shock pressure within 1 pound
- Also includes a small parts container that is great for keeping track of extra valve cores, and a 0 to 35cc syringe to precisely add or subtract the oil level in air shocks and bumpstops
Power Tank PT10 Package C System
The Power Tank PT10 Package C System is a high-performance air system recommended for those running 35-inch or larger tires and especially those running higher tire pressures (full size trucks).
- Power Tank's PT10 Package C System includes a new SuperFlow HP250i Regulator, a Super Coupler, an aluminum 10 lb. powdercoated tank, a tank boot, a KIT-8133 tire repair kit, a regulator cover, a TIG-8200 tire inflator, and a 25-foot braided coil hose.
- Tanks are available in clear aluminum, Polar White, Team Yellow, Candy Blue, Trans Black, and Polished
- Also includes a Power Tank Super Bracket and a set of roll bar clamps for quick and easy mounting
Premier Power Welder
Having a welder on board your 4x4 is a good thing if you travel the backcountry or venture on solo trips. The Premier Power Welder fits under the hood of most 4x4s and offers battery charging, welding, and 115V DC power source capabilities. The Premier Power Welder alternator/welding systems include the central welder control unit with solid-state regulator, a six-foot harness, a six-foot verniered throttle control assembly, a battery charging clamp, a Premier heavy-duty alternator, and installation and instruction manuals.
- With the Premier Power Welder's 100-percent duty cycle you can ARC weld, MIG weld, and TIG weld just above engine idle
- Also capable of running power equipment such as grinders, drills, saws and incandescent lights
- Proven in all phases of use, including applications in military, municipal, farming, off-road, rescue, construction and maintenance vehicles
- Many vehicle applications are available
Premier Power Welder
The Pull-Pal is a portable anchoring tool well-suited for a wide range of environments. Intended as a tool for winching through sand and mud, Pull-Pal's design relies on useful rules of physics. Its hefty plow blade sets firmly and safely into sand, clay, mud, hardpan soil, and snow.
- Constructed with a forged chromoly plow assembly, welded construction overall, and assembled with Grade 8 bolts for strength and quality
- Folds compactly to the size of an ordinary bumper jack for easy storage. It can be mounted inside or outside or stored in Pull Pal's custom carrying case
- Extra heavy-duty RW16000 Pull-Pal available for vehicles weighing up to 12,000 GVW
Rampage Products GripTrack
GripTrack from Rampage Products is a molded break‐resistance plastic track with multiple raised angle grips plate and hexagonal honeycomb edges for superior traction. It can be used whenever vehicle traction assistance is needed and is ideal for sand, mud, and snow.
- Features multiple length, triple panel design for various position and incline adjustments
- Package includes two grip tracks in a convenient nylon bag for EZ storage and accessibility
- Each grip track measures 24 by 7 1⁄4 inches fully extended and folds to 12 inches for easy compact storage
Ready Welder RWII Welder
You never know when you might need a welder so having one in your 4x4 at all times is a good idea. That's an east feat with the Ready Welder line of portable welders. The RWII Model 10000ADP-CS is cabled for battery operation and with the addition of the AC to DC Power Converter the Model 10000ADP will also connect to CC (constant current) stick machines as well as CV (constant voltage) machines.
- Welds steel, stainless, and aluminum or any metals where standard one or two pound spools are available
- Easily connects to vehicle batteries: an 18V battery can handle thin sheet metal, a 24V battery handles a single pass on 1/2-inch material at 275 amps
- Uses wire sizes from 0.023 to 0.045 without changing rollers
Rugged Ridge Tri-Fold Off-Road Shovel
Compact and easy to use this revolutionary new shovel design provides a durable shovel when you need it most. Constructed of painted gray steel with reinforced hinges, this shovel folds up and stores easily in your vehicle. Each shovel comes with a handy storage case protecting your interior from loose dirt and mud. Use this on the trail or at the campsite. Regardless, it is easy to store and use.
For more information, contact:
Scott Shop Towels
Scott Shop Towels from Kimberly-Clark Professional are ideal for the toughest automotive clean-up tasks. Keep them in your garage, around the house, or on the job for a quick and easy solution to any mess. They are great for wiping hands, tools and cleaning up grease, oil, grime, and fluids.
- Scott Shop Towels are strong and absorbent and even work when wet
- Fits on a standard towel holder for convenient dispensing
- Available in standard roll size with 55 towels per roll and in a pop-up box in 85 and 200 count
- Standard-size blue towels measures 10.4 by 11 inches. Large pop-up box towel measures 10 by 13 inches
Mac's Trail D-Vise
Mac's Trail D-Vise is designed to make trail repairs easier and more effective. The D-Vise slides into a standard receiver hitch and is secured with a hitch pin to create a stout bench vise in the middle of nowhere.
- Turns using a lug wrench or socket wrench, or the included handle that stows neatly on the side when not in use. Handle can also be used as a bottle opener
- Can be pinned in place upright or sideways to accommodate different materials
- Designed to open far enough to repair U-joints on the trail
- Includes new "Slip-Not" surfaced jaws and a separate set of pipe-jaws beneath
- Painted black
Mac's Custom Tie-Downs