The A-pillar feet inside became a problem because we put them in how they best fit our floor. This turned out to be a mistake. In our defense, the instructions don’t specifically state the orientation (although we noticed afterwards the picture clearly shows it). At this point, it was too late to change the A-pillar foot inside, so we had to modify the mount underneath to work. We got lucky in that we also had the wrong rockers on the Jeep. Shown is a TJ rocker, which gave us the clearance to bolt this together without cutting the bottom of the rocker guard such as a YJ or CJ guy would have to do.