Subscribe to a magazine

Tapping Crush Sleeve Into Shape

Back to article View Gallery
5 of 11
When replacing a yoke seal or flange, the correct procedure is to always replace the crush sleeve with a new one. If that isn’t possible, the sleeve can be expanded slightly by placing it over a piece of pipe and hammering the bulge, although this method is not recommended and should only be used in a bind.