Editor’s Note: Submit your dirt to email@example.com
Porter and Britt Dominate at Glen Helen Raceway
The 2012 Lucas Oil Off-road Racing Series (LOORRS) season continued at Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino, California, in early August and both Mike Porter and Drew Britt earned a place at the podium during the weekend’s competition.
Mike Porter, the 2011 Pro Buggy Unlimited Champion, took First Place in the Pro Buggy Unlimited class on Sunday on Mickey Thompson Sportsman ST Radials. Drew Britt celebrated a Second Place finish on Saturday in the Super Lite class on Mickey Thompson ATZ Plus tires.
“Mike and Drew continue to amaze us with their consistent performance,” Aaron Smith, off-road team manager at Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels, said. “They are both fierce competitors, and we congratulate them both on another great race.”
For the latest racing action and more information about the LOORRS series, visit http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com.
2012 Baja 500 Results
In our Oct. ’12 issue, our ex-news editor managed to pick up the correct Baja 500 results … for 2008. Here are the results for the 2012 Baja 500 race.
1. Bryce Menzies, Las Vegas, Nevada, Ford F-150, 9:13:39 (48.77 mph)
2. B.J. Baldwin, Las Vegas, Nevada, Chevy Silverado, 9:13:50 (48.75 mph)
3. Jesse Jones, Phoenix, Arizona, Ford F-250, 9:31:45 (47.27 mph)
1. Chelsea Magness, Desert Hot Springs, California/Todd Burt, Denver, Colorado, Ford F-150, 17:40:43 (25.45 mph)
1. Wes Bevly III/Chad Bunch, Corpus Christi, Texas, Ford F-150, 19:40:57 (22.86 mph)
1. Andy Bell/Ted Moncure/Nick Moncure, Long Beach, California, Toyota Tacoma, 19:09:09 (23.50 mph)
1. Luke McMillin, El Cajon, California/Justin Smith, Capistrano Beach, California, Jimco-Chevy, 9:55:22 (45.35 mph)
2. Clyde Stacy, Bristol, Virginia/Justin Matney, Bristol, Tennessee, Geiser-Chevy, 11:11:02
3. Buddy Feldkamp, Redlands, California, Penhall-Chevy, 11:38
1. Donald Moss, Sacramento, California/Ken Moss, Marysville, California, Ford Bronco, 14:53:38 (30.21 mph)
2. Billy Bunch, La Quinta, California, Jeep Wrangler, 18:34:19
1. Gavin Skilton, Anaheim, California, Honda Pilot, 14:33:17 (30.92 mph)
2. Heidi Steele, San Clemente, California/Rene Brugger, San Diego, Ford Ranger, 14:40:52
3. Josh Quintero, El Centro, California/Jonathan Kizzian, Holtville, California, Ford Raptor, 16:18:23
1. Victor Herrera Sr., Tijuana, Mexico/Victor Herrera Jr., Menifee, California, Ford Ranger, 14:55:56 (30.14 mph)
2. Dan Chamlee, Summerland, California/Tom Chamlee, Carpenteria, California, Ford Ranger, 16:23:55
3. Jose Gonzalez/Jonathon Quintero, Mexicali, Mexico, Ford Ranger, 21:11:40
1. Ricardo Garcia/Rudy Suarez, Ensenada, Mexico, Ford Ranger, 16:08:41 (27.87 mph)
2. Carlos Urteaga, Chula Vista, California/Alonso Gonzalez, Ensenada, Mexico, Ford Ranger, 16:17:56
3. Justin Fisher, San Ysidro, California/John Holmes, Encinitas, California, Ford Ranger, 17:45:12
1. Rudolfo Iribe, Tijuana, Mexico, Chevy Silverado, 15:58:08 (28.18 mph)
2. Rick Sanchez/Humberto Arce, San Vicente, Mexico, Ford F-150, 18:18:15