The Latest Jeep News
Jeep News & Rumors
• The '14 Compass sports a new transmission—6F24 six-speed PowerTech auto—and a slightly new look, both inside and out.
• Oh, hey, the '14 Patriot is also upon us. Ditto the new six-speed.
• Yahoo Autos told its readers the '97 Wrangler is a vehicle "you should probably own." Much more of a compliment than it sounds like there. The Ford Raptor and a '95 Porsche 911 also made the cut
• You can now get a Wrangler Sport with an available 32-inch/17-inch Rubicon aluminum wheel tire-and-wheel group.
• There's a new Wrangler special edition: Rubicon X, featuring a winch-capable bumper and wider rock rails. It's based on the Rubicon, not the letter X.
• 30 Miles of Freedom is an opportunity from Jeep to win a '14 Compass or Patriot. Go to jeep.com/en/live/30-miles-of-freedomto check out the best stories of 30-mile road trips in one of those vehicles.
• More Freedom things: that same-named Wrangler edition is back for 2014. It's based on the Sport S model.
• The four-banger '14 Cherokee 4x4 is rated 21 mpg city, 28 mpg highway. The V-6 is 19 city, 27 highway.
• The five millionth Grand Cherokee rolled down the Jefferson Avenue North Assembly Plant assembly line in August. It was a '14 Overland. The Grand also reached another milestone: turning 21 years old.
• More colors are now available for your brand-new Wrangler: Amp'd, Anvil, Copperhead, Flame Red, and Granite Crystal. The Freedom has Hydro Blue as an option as well.
• China Jeeps will now see the Pentastar 3.0L V-6.
• And…yet another special Jeep: The Wrangler Polar made its debut at the '13 Frankfurt Motor Show, for which Jeep said, "the 2014 Jeep vehicle range available to date will bask in the spotlights of the prestigious German exposition alongside the new Wrangler Polar." It appeared at the show with the power options of a 2.8L diesel or the 3.6L gas. We quote Jeep: "Polar takes its cue from the severe climate and extreme conditions that characterize [sic] the Antarctic region. The ‘Polar' badge located on the vehicle's side next to the front fender flares shows off the 78° S and 106° E coordinates that correspond to the location of Vostok in Antarctica: the exact point where the absolute severest temperature in the world was recorded at -89.2 degrees C (-128.56 degrees F)." Hence, "the theme of winter."
Quote Without Story
"How can I say this without offending anybody: When I smell horse poop, I smell money."
—Hayden Elder of Elder Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram in Athens, Texas. He told Automotive News that truck sales are good and "the Jeep product is hot."
Quote Without Story #2
"ODI has received three reports from consumers alleging the headliner of the vehicle caught fire near the area of the passenger-side sunvisor. The customers reported a burning odor and visible smoke coming from the headliner while the vehicle was being driven. This was followed by flames from the headliner itself. Customers lowered the windows in an effort to clear the smoke, but this increased the fire's intensity."
—From the summary of a preliminary evaluation by NHTSA about the '12 Grand Cherokee
• Hurry up! The Jeepers vs. Zombies sweepstakes hosted by 4Wheel Drive Hardware is only happening until November 30. You could win a "survival Jeep part." Go to 4wd.com.
• Looking for an auto show happening anywhere in the U.S.? Check out the ShowHunter app available through the iTunes store. It can search for shows by region, give you descriptions and links, and offer up access to new events added daily.
• Win a non-zombie-related Jeep: Head over to cal4wheel.com/sweepstakes-vehicleto learn about the '13 Jeep Wrangler Sport you could win through a CA4WDC sweepstakes. It's just $5 for a shot at it, and its Poison Spyder Customs customization includes the company's own bumpers and fenders as well as other odds and ends. The Jeep also has Currie axles, ARB lockers, BFG rubber, and loads more. The winner will be determined by drawing on February 23. We don't mean the doodle kind. The money raised will go toward fighting to keep public land open.
Reader Quote Without Story*
*As seen on Jp’s Facebook page