Click for Coverage
Exclusive Content
Original Shows, Motorsports and Live Events
Try it free for 14 days
Due to the EU’s Global Data Protection Regulation, our website is currently unavailable to visitors from most European countries. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit for the latest on new cars, car reviews and news, concept cars and auto show coverage, awards and much more.MOTORTREND.COM
  • JP Magazine
  • Dirt Sports + Off-Road
  • 4-Wheel & Off-Road
  • Four Wheeler

Calling All 2018 SEMA Truck Builds—Does this Apply to Your Project?

Posted in News on August 29, 2018
Share this

Since SEMA truck builds are ramping up and decisions about what products to run are at the forefront, it seems prudent to introduce an opportunity for some prizes. Toyo Tires (booth #62122) is looking to award some cold hard cash through its first ever SEMA Top Build contest. Ten thousand dollars in cash prizes will be split between the winners of two categories: Best Toyo Tires SEMA Car Build and Best Toyo Tires SEMA Truck/SUV Build. In addition to the $5,000, each winner will be crowned with a Toyo Tires trophy and featured on Toyo’s social channels.

The main caveats? Your SEMA truck has to have Toyo Tires and must be on display at the SEMA show. Lastly, entries have to be received by Tuesday, October 23, meaning you’ve got to enter before arriving at the show. Judging will take place during the show, with winners announced on or before Thursday, November 1. Judges will be looking for cool modifications to the paint and body (10%), exterior (10%), interior (10%), and wheels, brakes and suspension (10%); overall execution (25%); and embodiment of the tire’s brand and lifestyle image (35%). We feel bad for the judges already, since the field of top-notch trucks at SEMA seems to increase each year.

The online entry form doesn’t require you to sign your life away, but rather simply asks for a photo or rendering, basic contact info, and SEMA booth number. You also need to be 18 or over, a legal resident of the U.S., and the owner of the vehicle.

Good luck!

Connect With Us

Newsletter Sign Up

Subscribe to the Magazine

Browse Articles By Vehicle

See Results