Interested in winning a trip to the 2013 SEMA Show in Las Vegas? Well, then send us a photo of you and your hands at their dirtiest and submit it to lava.moments.4WOR@sorc.com to be entered into our contest presented by LAVA Soap. Please see the Official Rules below. *Note: The SEMA Show is a trade-only industry event that is not open to the general public.*
Official Rules for LAVAmoments Contest
1. Introduction: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Hot Rod, Car Craft, 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazines) ("Sponsor") is offering the LAVAmoments Contest (the Contest"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor's parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. P.S.T. on Monday, April 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. P.S.T. on Friday, June 28, 2013.
4. How to Enter: Submit a photo of yourself at your absolute dirtiest along with a brief description of how you got so dirty. Maximum of one (1) entry per entrant. Entries to be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or lava.moments.4WOR@sorc.com. Subject line must say "LAVAmoments Photo Contest". (Entry must include full name, complete address, city, state, zip, phone number, date of birth, and email address or entry will be voided). photo should not exceed 5mb. All entries must be received between April 1, 2013 and June 28, 2013 or will not be eligible for this contest. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, mutilated or misdirected entries.
5. Judging Criteria: One (1) winner will be chosen. Winner will be selected by a judging process in which a qualified panel of judges ("Judges") will evaluate each eligible Submission based on the Judging Criteria set forth in this document. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. Entrant to be selected as the potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and winning the Contest is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Participants agree to be bound by the rules and the decision of the judges, whose decisions are final and non-appealable. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail message on or about Friday, July 19, 2013. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place from all eligible entries received. If you are selected as a prize Winner in the Contest, you will be required to obtain a release provided by Sponsor signed by each identifiable person appearing in your Submission granting Sponsor permission to use his or her image/likeness. Submissions that do not include all required information and adhere to the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be considered void. Once uploaded, Submission will not be returned. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify any Submission and/or entrant it deems inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
6. Prizes: One (1) winner selected plus guest will receive a trip to the 2013 SEMA Show ($2,500.00 retail value). Trip includes airfare to and from Las Vegas and two-nights hotel accommodation. Winner may choose to attend SEMA Show between Tuesday, November 5, 2013 and Friday, November 8, 2013. Ground transportation, meals and incidentals are not included.
7. Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $2,500.00. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. all taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
8. Other Terms and Conditions: All entries must be original, may not have won previous prizes and must not infringe on any third party rights. Submission of entry constitutes entrant's consent to irrevocably assign to Sponsor any and all rights to their entry including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within three (3) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the affidavit of eligibility, Liability Release, and publicity Release) must be executed by the winner s parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner s place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE ENTRANT/WINNER AGREES THAT SPONSOR, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THE SPONSOR'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
9. Miscellaneous: All entry information (except for image submissions) becomes the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account" holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. a potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Winners List: The list of prize winners will be available by writing to Source Interlink Media, LLC, c/o LAVAmoments Contest, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245, attn: Legal after July 31, 2013.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is: Source Interlink Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Hot Rod, Car Craft, 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazines), whose address is 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.