Sign Up Today! Come Celebrate the Culture of Diesel Performance Enthusiasts, and Win Some Cash!
Tulsa, Oklahoma will be the epicenter of torque and power as 8-Lug HD Truck and Work Truck Review Magazines roll into town with the Super Diesel Shootout, sponsored by Shell ROTELLA®, on September 20th and 21st!
The inaugural Super Diesel Shootout takes place at the Osage Casino Tulsa Raceway as a celebration of diesel performance and torque with drag racing, sled pulls, show and shine and chassis dyno runs! For those aftermarket parts manufacturers that think they’ve built the ultimate shop truck, it’s time to step up and show what you’ve got in the Shop Truck Challenge!
If you’re into diesel performance and power, this is one event you don’t want to miss. To register for the Super Diesel Shootout, go to Super Diesel Registration.
For more event information, check out 8-Lug Shell Super Diesel Shootout event page!.
*Free Oil Analysis to the first 50 registered trucks on Saturday. First 50 registered trucks on Saturday will receive a free oil analysis performed by Rush Truck Centers. The oil sample will be collected onsite at the event location by a diesel service specialist and will run a detailed analysis giving each truck owner valuable feedback that can gauge the health of the engine.
PAYOUTSView Photo Gallery
|Location:||Osage Casino Tulsa Raceway Park|
|3101 N. Garnett Rd, Tulsa, OK 74116|
Friday, September 20, 2013 - Schedule of Events
Manufacturers Midway Open
Dyno Testing (additional fee TBD)
Drag Racing Test & Tune: Lanes 1-2-3-4
Sled Pull – Run What You Brung
Show Truck Area Judging Begins
Test & Tune Ends
Sled Pull Showdown
Late Night - Test & Tune
Evening Tech Inspection Opens
Open to All Vehicles that have passed tech
Saturday, September 21, 2013- Schedule of Events
Manufacturers Midway Open
Dyno Testing (Additional Fee TBD)
Test & Tune Happy Hour Begins
Show Trucks Open
Competitors to Staging Lanes
Diesel Pro Truck Shootout (Lanes 1-2)
Heads Up – Lanes 3-4
Index – Lanes 7-8
Class Competition Begins
Sled Pull Showdown
Big Rig Showdown
|Spectators (13 and older)||$10|
|Children (12 and under)||Free with paid adult|
|Competitors||$50 if received by 9/17/2013 -- $60 day of event|
OVERVIEW OF EVENTS:For detailed information on each class please visit the 2013 Super Diesel Shootout Rules.
1. Drag Racing - Open to all diesel participants
- Bracket Race class
- Manual Transmission class: (heads-up)
- Grudge-Race class: (For trucks 11.49 seconds or quicker running DOT slicks, drag radials, or pure slicks.)
- Big Rig Showdown class: (legally registered Class 6,7,8 trucks with gross vehicle weight ratings of more than 33,000 pounds)
- Exhibition Drag Racing class: featuring fast big rigs, jet-powered vehicles, and diesel dragsters.
2. Sled Pull 101 - Open to all diesel participants
- This will be a demonstration and instructional session on how to sled pull with a diesel pickup
- A Super Stock truck (approx. 2,000hp tube-chassis sled pulling truck) will make some demonstration passes, and teach proper pulling technique, and then we'll invite the public to bring their pickups out, and see how their truck matches up against a Super Stock truck.
3. Technology Transfer (Dyno) - Open to all diesel participants
- Chassis Dyno Testing
4. Show-N-Shine Event - Open to all diesel participants
Awards for outstanding vehicle presentation, appearance, and design
- Best Of Show Diesel Truck
- Best Of Show Work Truck
- Best Diesel Engine
- Best Interior
- Best Paint
- Best Suspension Lifted
- Best Pre 2000 Truck
- Best Diesel Powered Non-Truck
- Best Truck more than 250,000 miles on the odometer
- Highest Mileage Award
- Best Heavy Duty (Class 6, 7, or 8)
- Best Club Participation
- Diesel Power Magazine Editor's Choice
- 8-Lug Magazine/Work Truck Review Editor's Choice
5. Diesel Shop Truck Challenge - Automotive Aftermarket Parts Manufacturers or Diesel Performance Speed Shops are invited to participate. This is not for daily drivers or work trucks.
- Available for manufacturers that want to bring out and show off their race truck. This will be a diesel triathlon Qualifying will be held on Friday. The field size, to be determined, will be based on the results of the Friday e.t. in the quarter-mile. The named field will then compete in the Shop Truck Challenge. - Each of these 20 trucks must compete in all three events:
- The top 20 quickest trucks in the quarter-mile from Friday will compete again on Saturday on the drag strip (heads up)
- Chassis Dyno test for most peak horsepower
- Sled pull on 300-foot dirt track
6. Mud Bog - Open to all participants
- A non-competitive event open to diesel and gasoline-powered vehicles.