Mopar Factory Customized 2018 Jeep Wranglers at LA Auto ShowPosted in News on November 30, 2017
At SEMA 2017 Mopar debuted its 200-plus product portfolio for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. To further display some of these factory accessories Jeep has put two new Mopar-modified JLs on display at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show: a four-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and a two-door 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Jeep responded to requests from the JK community for more versatile factory accessories with a group of products for the JK they developed in more than 100,000 hours. Jeep claims most of the 200-plus new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories from Mopar for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler will be available when the vehicle arrives in dealerships.
“The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most versatile and customized vehicles in the industry,” said Pietro Gorlier, head of parts and service, FCA (Mopar). “A total of 98 percent of Jeep Wrangler vehicles are typically outfitted with at least one of our products. We worked with the Jeep brand, engineers and designers to create an exclusive line of parts and accessories that perfectly match the new Jeep Wrangler, delivering unique functionality, style and factory-backed quality. The two customized vehicles at LA showcase our new product portfolio and empower owners to personalize the new Jeep Wrangler for extreme off-roading or for all-purpose lifestyle adventures.”
The 2018 four door Rubicon features the following Mopar accessories;
- A set of 2-inch-round steel tube doors
- New Jeep Performance Parts rock rails that are thicker and wider than previous offerings and augmented with a new, grippier coating similar to that used on Ram Truck bedliners
- The production Rubicon front “Stubby” bumper Mopar
- Satin black keystone-shaped grille
- A water-resistant Mopar Warn winch kit with die cast construction, synthetic rope, a wired remote control and hawse fairlead
- A 2-inch Rubicon lift kit
- High-top fender flares
- BFGoodrich KM2 35-inch tires
- New Jeep Performance Parts beadlock-equipped 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a 12 mm offset
- New 8,000 lumen LED off-road lights available in 5- and 7-inch applications
- Jeep Performance Parts off-road light brackets for frame rails or windshield
- A new auxiliary switch bank, standard on the Rubicon and an available option for other trim levels, features its own power distribution center and offers an organized central area for operating accessories such as the off-road lights, winch and other electrical-powered items
- A Jeep Performance Parts snorkel embellished with the all-new Jeep Performance Parts badge attaches using a hood cutout kit and works in concert with a Mopar cold-air intake
- The new spare tire tailgate hinge reinforcement provides a rock-solid foundation for a spare tire carrier that mounts to the tailgate with strength enough to handle 37-inch tires
- The new Mopar Center High-Mount Stop Light (CHMSL) light relocation kit keeps the brake light visible when using the spare tire carrier, without interfering in use of the rearview camera
- Mopar Roadside Assistance and First Aid kits
- Molle bags on the rear seatbacks
- New Mopar grab handles are now hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars, offering increased grip
- All-weather floor mats feature a new topographic design inspired by the rugged Moab trails
- A screen protector, another first-ever Mopar product, protects and even enhances visibility of the 8.4-inch Uconnect system display
The 2018 Wrangler Sport features the following Mopar accessories;
- The Mopar roof rack — the first-ever for a Wrangler vehicle — is mounted to the hardtop and is accessorized with a cargo carrier. Bicycle, ski and snowboard carriers are also available options.
- The newly redesigned Mopar hardtop headliner enhances and insulates the interior while providing a quieter ride.
- New American-flag-themed hood graphics and silhouette bodyside graphics that mirror the famed Moab trails.
- BFGoodrich KO2 35-inch tires
- Mopar 17-inch “Gear” rims inspired by the shape and design of the all-new Jeep Performance Parts logo
- Jeep Performance Parts tube steps
- 2-inch lift kit
- Spare tire tailgate hinge reinforcement
- CHMSL light relocation kit
- off-road LED lights
- A first-ever Mopar tailgate table that can be mounted with or without the new production Trailrail system conveniently flips out to create a utility space and beverage holder and folds up for storage.
- The black fuel door, new from Mopar, has been redesigned to incorporate styling cues of the all-new Wrangler
- Mopar doorsill guards, grab handles and all-weather floormats round out the Mopar accessories