What if you knew where a thief took your stolen 4x4? Pretty much every hardcore automotive enthusiast likes the idea of vigilante justice when it comes to having a vehicle stolen. Now I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I know I wouldn't want to be the guy caught stealing a modified 4x4 built from the blood, sweat and tears of its owner. In some aspects, that threat is a deterrent all its own. But what if you're not around? Of course you could rest easy and pay through the nose for full-coverage insurance, but what if there was a smartphone ap that told you exactly where your vehicle is 24-hours-a-day via a GPS locator and Google Maps? Wouldn't that be awesome? Well, it is awesome, because it exists! SPOT LLC just announced the Trace, the ultimate theft tracking device. The SPOT Trace is a small GPS locator you can hide in a 4x4, car, motorcycle, boat, ATV, snowmobile, and more. The SPOT Trace notifies owners via email or text when movement is detected anytime, anywhere.
There are multiple mounting options. The SPOT Trace is small and durable enough to be placed practically anywhere. It features up to 18 months of battery life, the rate plans are affordable and the satellite coverage goes beyond the reach of cellular coverage. SPOT Trace features include:
• Tracking. View your asset's GPS coordinates from your smartphone or online
• Movement Alerts. Receive texts/emails when SPOT’s vibration sensor detects your asset has new movement
• Dock Mode. Configure your device to track an asset that is primarily stored on the water
• Power Off Message. Receive a notification if your device is powered off
• Low Battery Message. Receive a notification when the device’s batteries are low
• Status Message. Receive a once per day alert to let you know your asset is secure
Customizable tracking is also available, which allows users to track an asset’s GPS coordinates at 2.5, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute intervals. The SPOT Trace will sell starting at $99.95, with service plans from $99.99/year. Click Here for more info.
SPOT Trace Specifications:
HEIGHT: 2.02 in (5.13 cm)
WIDTH: 2.69 in (6.83 cm)
THICKNESS: .95 in (2.14 cm)
WEIGHT: 3.1 oz (87.9 g)
OPERATING TEMP: -22 F to 140 F (-30 C to 60 C)
OPERATING ALTITIDE: -328 ft to 21,320 ft (-100 m to 6,500 m)
HUMDITY RATED: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond.
VIBRATION RATED: per SAE J1455
WATERPROOF RATED: IPX7 (1 m for up to 30 minutes)
(4) AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x batteries (L92) - installed
(4) AAA Energizer® NiMH rechargeable batteries (NH12) – sold separately
Line power with a 5v USB connection (NOT waterproof) – included
Waterproof line power with a custom USB cable – sold separately
SPOT satellite coverage works around the world, including the continental United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Northern and Central Africa, portions of South America and North-Eastern Asia as well as thousands of miles offshore of these areas.