December 2009 Off Road Hardware - New ProductsPosted in Product Reviews on December 1, 2009
Stay-Put Header Bolts
Heat and vibration have an uncanny way of backing out header bolts. Once the header bolts have disappeared, leaks are inevitable.
1 .Percy's High Performance Split-Lock header bolts lock internally, expanding the bolt threads against the thread wall.
2. To install, simply tighten the bolt, and then tighten the set-pin.
3. Available in black oxide or stainless steel.
4. Made and packaged in the USA from premium-quality materials.
Sizes available for most engine applications.
For me information, contact: Percy's High Performance (573) 346-4409, www.percyshp.com
In many cases, interior trim panels, dash boards, and other applications can be rendered in fiberglass. One drawback is that fiberglass can be tricky to work with. Mixing resins and catalysts to the proper ratios is required, and then you must work quickly to get your desired shape before the mixtures sets and hardens. Percy's High Performance now has HyperFiber, a composite construction system that's exceptionally user-friendly.
1. HyperFiber has the fiber and resin combined in an uncured state. The resin cures when exposed to UV light.
2. Construct and shape your HyperFiber project out of the sun. Unlike convention fiberglass, your working time with HyperFiber is nearly unlimited.
3. When the final shape and configuration are reached, bring your HyperFiber project out into the sunlight to begin the curing and setting process. You can also use a Percy's UV light indoors to set and cure.
4. HyperFiber is available with or without memory wires that hold your project in shape during construction.
5. HyperFiber is non-flammable and contains no hazardous materials. HyperFiber cleans up with soap and water; great for use in automotive, marine, car audio, or any other application that requires a composite be used.
For more information, contact: Percy's High Performance (573) 346-4409, www.percyshp.com
aFe (Advanced Flow Engineering) Stage 2 Cold Air Intake Kits for 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 V-8 5.7 HEMI
1. Designed to maximize air velocity, improve horsepower, torque, throttle response, and fuel efficiency.
2. Two filter choices: Pro-5R filter uses five layers of progressive cotton media for excellent filtration. Pro Dry S filter uses progressive synthetic filtration media and requires no oil to recharge.
3. Heat shield blocks engine heat and mounts to the factory airbox housing.
4. Specially-designed aluminum intake tube is powder coated for a durable, attractive finish.
For more information, contact: aFe (Advanced Flow Engineering) (951) 493-7155, www.afepower.com
Dirt-Worthy Wheel Chocks
Wheel chocks are an essential companion to floor jacks, Hi-Lift jacks, and winches. Wheel chocks keep the vehicle from rolling away at the wrong moment, ensuring safety when lifting the vehicle or when using the vehicle as a winch anchor point. Until now, rocks and logs were the most common backcountry wheel chocks, but this was always a makeshift solution. Off-Road Trail Tools has introduced the RMS Off-Road Wheel Chock.
1. Rated at 7,000 pounds per axle set.
2. Built-in grippers claw at the ground and at the tire for no-slip confidence.
3. Fold flat for convenient storage.
4. Non-rusting, and non-sparking.
5. Stainless steel hardware.
6. Can also be laid out flat and used as a traction device.
7. Designed for today's off-road tire sizes.
8. Made in the USA
For more information, contact: Off-Road Trail Tools (520) 579-2079, www.offroadtrailtools.com
PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Light
This new PIAA light was designed by racers, but is well-suited to all types of off-roading. It is called the 520 ATP.
1. PIAA's All-Terrain Pattern delivers an ideal combination of beam height, width, and distance.
2. Uses PIAA's Xtreme White 85-watt halogen bulb, which produces brightness equivalent to a standard 135-watt bulb.
3. Rugged stamped steel housing.
4. Tough glass lens is protected by black mesh covers.
5. Compact size at 61/4 inches in diameter and 211/16 inches deep.
6. Swivel mounting bolt offers 90 degrees of adjustment range.
7. Available as a single light or dual light kit, which includes light, wiring harness, switch, relay, and mesh cover.
For more information, contact: PIAA (503) 489-6666, www.piaa.com
Dave's Customs Unlimited Protects Your Diff
A smashed ring gear is inconvenient and expensive. Dave's Customs Unlimited offers bolt-on differential guards to prevent trail damage.
1. Available for Dana 44, Dana 60, Dana 70, and GM 14-bolt axles.
2. Machined from 3/4-inch steel with a 1/4-inch thick skid plate.
3. Countersunk bolt holes.
4. Stainless Allen-head bolts are included.
5. Black textured powder coated finish.
6. Available with or without top mounting ear. Mounting ear can be used for axle trusses and suspension links.
For more information, contact: Dave's Customs Unlimited (970) 216-8179, www.davescustomsunlimited.com
A Flexible Battery System
1. The XS Power Battery S3400 features the "I-BAR" system: Integrated Battery Amperage Rail.
2. One battery can handle marine studs, SAE posts, GM posts, and GM-style side posts.
3. The S3400 offers 2000 max amps, and 75 amp hours.
4. Fits Group 34 battery trays.
5. Billet holddown also available.
6. Custom-molded extreme pressure and vibration-resistant ABS case.
For more information, contact: XS Power Batteries (865) 688-5953, www.xspowerbatteries.com
Rough Country's New Anti-Axle Wrap Block
Axle wrap can kill leaf springs and U-joints. Rough Country has come up with a way to minimize this menace.
1. Uses the factory leaf springs.
2. Maintains factory ride quality.
3. Creates a larger mounting interface between the block and the leaf springs.
4. Proven to reduce axle wrap under loads and heavy acceleration.
For more information, contact: Rough Country (800) 222-7023, www.roughcountry.com
Performance Accessories Dodge Kit
1. An affordable way to fit 35-inch tires on your '09 4WD Dodge Ram 1500.
2. Performance Accessories Premium Lift Kit combines a body lift kit, suspension leveling kit, and gap guards to produce the needed five-inch lift height.
3. Premium quality without the premium price tag.
For more information, contact: Performance Accessories (928) 636-7080, www.p-a-g.net
Custom Radiator, Off-the-Shelf Price
1 .Classic looks, but with the superior cooling benefits of aluminum.
2. Mark 7 Radiators can build you a custom radiator for less than most off-the-shelf generic radiator prices.
3. Several finishes available including black anodized finish shown in photo.
For more information, contact: Mark 7 Radiators (877)777-7505, www.mark7radiators.com
New Holley Carbs: Ultra Street Avenger and Ultra Double Pumper
1. Aluminum construction is up to five pounds lighter than older zinc models.
2. Metering blocks and base plates made from 6061-T6 billet.
3. Metering blocks and base plates are available in anodized red, blue, or black.
4. Built-in clear fuel level sight window make float height adjustments easy.
5. Ultra Double Pumper available in 650 and 750 CFM configurations.
6. Ultra Double Pumper comes with mechanical secondaries and electric choke.
For more information, contact: Holley Performance Products (800) HOLLEY-1, www.holley.com