February 2010 Off-Road Hardware - New ProductsPosted in Product Reviews on February 1, 2010
Is Your Line a Superline?
Master-Pull led the way into the world of synthetic winch lines. Now they're upping the ante.
1. Superline XD 5/16-inch synthetic winch line has an improved breaking strength of 21,000 pounds
2. Pre-stretched core
3. Heavy-duty braided cover is made from the same Dyneema fiber used to make the core
4. Braided cover protects core from UV degradation and abrasion as well as contamination by dirt and sand
5. Ultra-strong line protected by a tough cover equals a winch line that lasts much longer before needing replacement
For more information, contact: Master-Pull, (877) 797-0202, www.masterpull.com
Econoaid Throttle Body Booster
Econoaid's Throttle Body Booter installs between your throttle body and intake manifold. Installation is ridiculously easy and requires no additional hardware.
1. Latest Econoaid Throttle Body Booster is for '04-to-'09 Ford F-150 5.4 V-8 and '05-to-'09 Ford Expedition 5.4 V-8 engines
2. Finned aluminum plate is only 0.03 inches thick, so longer bolts are not required for installation
3. Fins create computer-designed turbulence in the intake resulting in better fuel atomization and more complete combustion
4. Better performance and fuel economy
5. Gains of 1-2 mpg are typical
6. 123-day money-back guarantee
For more information, contact: Econoaid (888) 876-4676, www.econoaid.com
Blitzkrieg Motorsports Race Hubs and Spindle Snouts
In addition to long-travel suspension kits and fabrication parts, Blitzkrieg Motorsports offers a billet racing hub and matching spindle snout. This hub-and-snout combo is aimed at fast-rising Class 7200, the class for unlimited mini and midsized trucks. It is also ideal for high-performance prerunners.
1. Hub body is CNC machined in-house from 7075 aluminum
2. Hub is hard anodized black for better corrosion resistance and increased surface hardness
3. Hub uses 2.5-inch Timken bearings, races, and seals for long life and ease of replacement
4. Spindle snout is heat-treated 4130 chromoly
5. Hollow spindle snout reduces unsprung weight
6. Spindle snout bolts to any Blitzkrieg long-travel or race upright/knuckle
For more information, contact: Blitzkrieg Motorsports, (714) 630-0630, www.bmsoffroad.com
Take a Trasharoo Along for the Ride
Trailside litter is one of off-roading's biggest enemies. The Trasharoo provides a convenient place to stash your trash as well as that which is left behind by careless trail users. Since the Trasharoo straps to your spare tire, stinky trash won't foul the air inside your trail rig.
1. Can hold up to 50 pounds of trash
2. Durable 900 denier nylon canvas
3. Water resistant
4. Includes drain hole
5. Mounts to 30- to 35-inch tires
6. Three-inch-wide double-stitched straps secure the Trasharoo to your spare
For more information, contact: California Tape Products, Inc. (714) 854-7292, www.trasharoo.com
VIO Point-of-View Video System
Telling stories about your adventures only goes so far. Video footage brings your friends and family straight into the action. The Vio POV (Point-of-View) video system is complete, integrated, and rugged.
1. High-quality wearable video camera records with 720x480 resolution at 30 fps
2. Ergonomic user interface design enables single-handed operation and hands-free video capture
3. Modular mounting system provides camera stability while attached to helmets or other high impact gear
4. Components are shock-resistant, water-resistant and dustproof for use in the most hazardous environments
5. The POV 1.5M (Moto) system can be powered by a motorcycle or automotive battery
6. Video head mounts are available to attach recording head (lens) to helmets, roll cage tubing, ski goggles, and many other applications.
For more information, contact: VIO, Inc.(888) 579-CAMS, www.vio-pov.com
Uniball Upper Control Arms for Toyota UZJ 100 Landcruiser and '98-to-'07 Lexus LX 470
Toyota's OEM stamped upper control arms for the UZJ 100 and the '98-to-'07Lexus LX 470 have a non-replaceable ball joint. If you need to replace the ball joint, you'll have to replace the complete control arm. An additional problem with the stock upper control arms is that the ball joint runs out of travel and binds at severe angles. JT's Part and Accessories offers an upper control arm for these Toyota and Lexus models that addresses these shortcomings.
1. Bolt-on design uses a tapered adapter to fit into the ball joint bore in the steering knuckle
2. DOM tubing is used which is much stronger than the stamped steel factory upper control arms
3. The 1-inch uniball is clocked for ideal alignment at 2 to 3 inches of lift
4. Increased misalignment of uniball allows for as much as a 50-percent increase in droop travel when used with the proper aftermarket shocks
5. Teflon-lined uniball is easily replaceable when worn
For more information, contact: JT's Parts and Accessories (509) 888-2953x113, www.justdifferentials.com
Advanced Flow Engineering Cold Air Intake for the 2009 F-150 5.4L V-8
Swapping out your factory air intake and filter for an aftermarket system is one of the easiest ways to increase airflow and horsepower.
1. aFe's new system for the '09 Ford 5.4L V-8 includes a polished stainless steel intake tube designed to maximize air velocity, improve torque, mpg, and throttle response
2. Two systems are offered: one with a five-layer progressive cotton air filter, called the Pro-5R, and one with aFe's Pro Dry S filter that requires no oil
3. Systems include aFe Silver Bullet throttle body spacer which further increases performance and throttle response
4. aFe claims as much as 35-percent increase in airflow, and gains of 18 horsepower and 36 lb-ft of torque
For more information, contact: Advanced Flow Engineering (aFe) (951) 493-7155, www.aFepower.com