New Products - Hardware - December 2012Posted in Product Reviews on December 1, 2012 Comment (0)
PRP’s Ratcheting Harness
Adjusting the lap belt on a traditional competition-style harness can be a time-consuming hassle. PRP has a solution in the new PRP ratcheting harness. One side of the lap belt has a traditional tension adjuster, while the other has a quick-adjust ratchet mechanism. Simply use your ratchet handle to turn the adjuster until it’s where you need it.
- Ratchet adjuster is easy to use, even if the belt gets contaminated by water and dirt
- Available on PRP’s five-point, three-inch-wide harness
If you’re building a custom 4WD IFS system, or a custom IRS system, Dynatrac’s new Pro60-IRS could be the perfect differential for your project. The Pro60-IRS is designed to be a bolt-in replacement differential for the late-model Dodge Challenger, Charger, Magnum, and Chrysler 300, but can also be adapted for custom applications and projects.
- Uses standard Dana 60 ring-and-pinion gears. Ratios from 3.54 to 7.17 are available.
- Accepts industry-leading lockers and limited-slip differentials such as the ARB AirLocker, Eaton Detroit Locker, and the Eaton Truetrac. The Dynatrac Pro60-IRS is made in the USA.
Dynatrac Products, Inc.
BDS Tacoma Lift
BDS Suspension introduces a four-inch lift kit for the 2005-to-2012 Toyota Tacoma six-lug models. The lower A-arms are dropped down via precision-manufactured 1/4-inch steel brackets. Replacement cast iron steering knuckles allow the upper A-arms to stay in their stock locations. The BDS steering knuckles are much beefier than the stock Toyota knuckles, and will work seamlessly with the factory Toyota ABS and traction control.
- Fits up to a 33-inch tire. If you’d like bigger tires or more lift, BDS offers a 6-inch system for these same Tacoma models.
- Rear lift is accomplished with a simple lift block and longer U-bolts. Replacement rear shocks are included.
Vision All-Terrain ATV Tire
If you use your ATV over a wide variety of terrain, Vision’s all-terrain Duo Trax ATV tire should hold interest. It’s a true all-terrain tire and is DOT-approved for limited highway use.
- Asymmetrical tread design improves performance in mud, hardpack, and snow
- Radial design and six-ply construction provide a smooth ride, stable handling, and rugged performance
Yukon Zip Locker
If you need an open differential for street-friendly driving, but also require a fully locked axle for ultimate off-road traction, the Yukon Zip Locker offers just that. The Zip Locker is an air-operated selectable locker available for several popular applications with more on the way.
- Forged case and 4320 chromoly steel internals provide added strength. Each unit comes complete with air line, fittings, operation switch, air solenoid, zip ties, and more. Use with a variety of on-board air sources.
- At press time, applications include Dana 30 (27- and 30-spline), Dana 44, Dana 44 JK, Dana 60 (30- and 35-spline), Dana 60 competition series in 35-spline, Ford 10.25, Ford 10.50, AMC Model 35 rear (27- and 30-spline), Toyota 8-inch (four-cylinder and V-6 models). Assembled in the USA.
Yukon Axle & Gear
Center Line Rhino HD
Center Line has a name synonymous with strength, style, and performance. The new American-made Center Line Rhino HD wheel carries on the tradition with exclusive rotary-forged construction and a high load rating.
- Load rating of 4,000 pounds with a 44-inch tire. Covered by a three-year free luster/polish warranty, free curb scrape repair, and free inspection.
- Highly polished wheel is available in 16-, 17-, 18-, and 20-inch sizes.
Center Line Wheels
(800) 345-8671, ext. 5
Channellock Flush Cutters
Most diagonal cutters do an adequate job of cutting wires and zip ties, but they leave a long tag end that begs to snag on clothing and skin. The new Channellock 758 Flush Cutter relegates common diagonal cutters to other tasks. If you work with zip ties or wiring your tool cache should have a set of these. They’re made in Meadville, Pennsylvania and feature drop-forged, high-carbon C1080 North American steel.
- Laser heat-treated cutting edges snap through plastic zip ties and AWG 10-20 copper wire
- Long handles provide generous leverage, and small nose lets you reach tight places