What You Need To Get Out
Getting stuck is part of ’wheeling. But, you don’t have to take it. You can get out of any nasty situation without issue by preparing yourself and your 4x4 for the inevitable with a stout winch and the proper recovery gear. Check out the following recovery gear products to see what you still need to complete your recovery gear arsenal.
ASR’s Kinetic Recovery Tow Ropes are the tool to use when towing stuck vehicles. The rope utilizes the kinetic energy of the tow vehicle to apply more extraction power to the stuck vehicle without cringe-inducing jolts associated with using chains or standard tow straps.
- Double-braid nylon material provides up to 30 percent elongation during use, which translates into lower impact but higher energy transfer to the stuck vehicle
- Features heavy-duty Cordura abrasion protection in both eyes and a slider section in between
- Marine-grade coating is used for UV and abrasion resistance
- Made in the USA
- Available in 3/4-inch (19,000 pounds), 7/8-inch (28,300 pounds), and 1-inch (33,500 pounds) diameters to suit a variety of vehicle sizes
For more information, contact: ASR Offroad, (425)686-8644, asroffroad.com
Rough Country Suspension Systems is pleased to debut its new line of powerful winches at an unbelievably low price. Four top-of-the-line winch systems are now available as part of Rough Country Recovery Systems, a new division focused on delivering high-powered, high-quality recovery solutions that are durable, strong, and sure to come in handy when the situation gets a little murky.
- Each unit features series-wound motors, which are extremely efficient at higher speeds and less prone to overheating compared to permanent magnet motors
- Speeds range from 5.5 horsepower on 9,500-pound-capacity units to a staggering 6 horsepower on 12,000-pound units
- Rough Country Recovery Systems utilize a three-stage planetary gear train boasting a 265:1 gear ratio—allowing enormous torque in such a small housing
- Winch systems are available in either 9,500- or 12,000-pound line pull capacity with either steel cable with a four-way roller fairlead or the highly maneuverable and incredibly strong synthetic rope with a hawse fairlead
- All winches include a free wireless remote for easy operation and a replaceable Clevis hook for convenience
For more information, contact: Rough Country, (800)222-7023, roughcountry.com
ARB USA offers its complete, pre-assembled ARB Premium Recovery Kit, which includes everything the off-roader needs to get started. Whether it be a simple snatch recovery or a more serious winch recovery, the ARB premium recovery kit has it all. Retailing for $390, the premium recovery kit represents exceptional value and a savings over purchasing each component individually.
- The ARB Premium Recovery Kit includes a 17,500-pound-capacity snatch strap, a 10-foot-long 26,500-pound tree trunk protector, a 66-foot-long 9,900-pound-capacity winch extension strap, an ARB recovery damper, one pair of leather gloves, a 10,640-pound-capacity 3/4-inch–pin D-shackle, and an ARB Snatch Block 9000
- The kit also includes a large ARB recovery bag to stow the gear
For more information, contact: ARB USA, (800)761-8192, arbusa.com
The Pull-Pal is a portable anchoring tool well-suited for a wide range of environments. Intended as a tool for winching through sand and mud, Pull-Pal’s design relies on useful rules of physics. Its hefty plow blade sets firmly and safely into sand, clay, mud, hardpan soil, and snow.
- Constructed with a forged chromoly plow assembly, welded construction overall, and assembled with Grade 8 bolts for strength and quality
- Folds compactly to the size of an ordinary bumper jack for easy storage. It can be mounted inside or outside or stored in Pull-Pal’s custom carrying case
- Extra heavy-duty RW16000 Pull-Pal available for vehicles weighing up to 12,000 GVW
For more information, contact: Pull-Pal, (970)963-4507, pullpal.com
Extreme Outback Products
The Extreme Outback Products Powersports Puncture Repair Kit is ideal for repairing tubeless tires. The kit includes a handle with needle inserter and probe, 15 high-quality plugs, three tubes of glue, three valve cores, a razor knife, two valve caps, a four-way tire tool, and a MIL-SPEC two-compartment storage pouch.
- Storage pouch measures 5x3.5x3.5 inches, about the size of a pocket camera
- This product won a Global Media Award at the 2009 SEMA Show
For more information, contact: Extreme Outback Products, (866)447-7711, extremeoutback.com