Charging Your Sealed AGM Batteries
It's no secret we like Odyssey Absorbed Glass Mat sealed batteries. After discharging one to nothing with a phantom load we didn't know we had in the Jeep, we tried recharging it using a trickle charger. It didn't work. These batteries need a charging regimen that includes a higher-amp charge, then an absorption phase. Odyssey Ultimizer chargers are designed to perfectly charge Odyssey batteries.
Lightweight and portable, Odyssey Ultimizer 12V chargers are specifically designed to support the full line of Odyssey batteries–Automotive/LTV, Heavy Duty/Commercial, Powersports and Trolling Thunder/Marine Dual Purpose.
Powerful enough to charge batteries quickly, these sophisticated chargers are also safe enough to leave connected to the batteries indefinitely without damage. All Odyssey Ultimizer chargers offer these important benefits:
• Three-step charge profile ensures fast, complete, and safe charge
• Continuous trickle charge keeps batteries fully charged during extended periods of non-use
• Sophisticated sequential charging technology keeps triple-bank chargers lightweight and compact
The Ultimizer chargers feature a three-step charge profile:
1. Bulk Phase: Fast charges the battery up to 14.7V and gets the battery to about 80-percent state of charge
2. Absorption Phase: Finishes off the charge in no more than an additional four to six hours after completion of bulk charge
3. Float Charge: Continuous trickle charge keeps the battery topped off and ready to go
We found the Odyssey Ultimizer charger worked perfectly to bring our discharged Odyssey battery back from the dead and working like new. It's now doing duty as a long-term, computerized trickle charger.