While we had the plenum off, we noticed that the water pump housing was leaking oil at the oil pan, so we pulled the harmonic balancer and four extra bolts to fix that leak, too. We found more than a leak. The timing chain had just over 5/8 inch of slack in it and we had to replace it. So back to Summit Racing we went for a new Cloyes double-roller timing chain set (p/n CLO-9-1103) that we installed straight-up. We toyed with the idea of retarding or advancing it, but in the end, the minimal potential gains didn't outweigh the potential problems that the fuel injection system might see from doing so.