2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ - Hyline HemiPosted in Project Vehicles on September 1, 2010 Comment (0)
We never thought we would say that it's refreshing to see a Wrangler TJ out on the trail. Not too long ago they were the predominant trail rig. However, over last few years it seems like many of the TJs have been replaced by JKs!
Longtime Jeep enthusiast Chuck Kirkton bought his first Jeep, a CJ-3A, when he was a 17. Since then he has owned and wheeled 11 Jeeps-including a bevy of CJs, an XJ, a CJ-5, a CJ-7, and a couple of Grand Cherokees-and one oddball International Scout. To date, this Hemi-powered '04 Wrangler TJ is his favorite. The TJ fits his Jeeping lifestyle to a T for performance and off-road capability and was built by T&T Customs in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
We found Chuck four-wheeling his favorite new Jeep on the trail in Moab. Since then he has hit a number of Southern California's high-desert trails with plans of taking his Hemi-powered TJ to the Rubicon Trial for his next big adventure.
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- Engine: 5.7L Dodge Hemi
- Transmission: Dodge 545RFE, stock with extra-capacity aluminum pan
- Transfer case: NV241OR
- Axles: Dynatrac ProRock 60s, 5.13 gears, Detroit Lockers
- Springs & Such: T&T Customs 51/2-inch Rock-Tek long-arms
- Tires & Wheels: 42X14.50/17R Goodyear MTRs, 17x9Walker Evans beadlocks
- Other Stuff: JE Reel 310CV front and 1350CV rear driveshafts, Eibach coils springs 175-/450-lb, Off Road Only LiteDOT taillights, GenRight TJ Comp tank with '05-'06 fuel module, Treks Offroad Equipment rear swing-out tire carrier, power window conversion, Warn 9500i winch