An ATV At Its Finest!
Occasionally we get to blast around remote forest trails on cool machines designed for action, adventure, and work. Recently we had the opportunity to test the '10 Yamaha Grizzly 450 in the Capitol Forest of Washington. The Grizzly features an all-new design including EPS (electric power steering), which helps the ATV perform like a dream on the trail and in the fields.
The Grizzly is a great little machine that's perfect for romping through technically challenging trails or running the fence lines along the back 40. We found the Grizzly's performance perfect for the enthusiast-level trail running the staff enjoys most. The machine's independent front and rear suspension handles incredibly well, and the 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single offers the power and performance we look for in UTVs. After a full day of trailblazing we came to the conclusion that bigger isn't always better and that the Grizzly 450 could easily become a permanent part of 4-Wheel & Off-Road's fleet.
2010 Yamaha Grizzly 450
- Drivetrain: On-Command pushbutton three-way locking differential (2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD), shaft drive
- Engine: 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single
- Transmission: Automatic Ultramatic transmission with V-belt with all-wheel engine braking
- Gear Selection: High, Low, Neutral, Reverse, Park
- Springs & Such: Front independent double-wishbone, 6.3 inches of travel; rear independent double-wishbone, 7.1 inches of travel
- Brakes: Front dual hydraulic disc; rear sealed, oil-bathed, multidisc
- Seat Height (in): 33.1
- Ground Clearance (in): 10.8
- Wheelbase (in): 48.5
- Turning Radius (in): 118
- Towing Capacity (lb): 1,322
- Fuel Capacity (gal): 4.0
- Rack Capacity (lb): 88 front, 176 rear
PhotosView Photo Gallery