As kids we would have given our left leg for an Dodge M37 as our first rig, and we know that every one of our friends would have died to ride in it. When Rob Bonney found this '52 M37 for $400 at age 14, he thought he found a gold mine. He drove it home on dirt roads, smiling from ear to ear, and basked in the envy of his friends.?>
The old Dodge M37 may not be much to look at to some, but we and other 4WOR readers see right through the dents and rust and ogle over this truck as a thing of beauty.
Rob used this beast as a daily driver for over 10 years after its purchase and built it up as the years rolled by. He honed his fabrication skills on the rig, modifying it while he worked at Renegade Fabrication and now 4-Wheeler's Supply in Phoenix. We found Rob in Moab, Utah, wheeling the Dodge like it was a small Jeep-we're still jealous!
1952 Dodge M37
- Engine: 350ci Chevy small-block
- Transmission: SM420
- Transfer case: NP200
- Front Axle: Dana 70 with Dana 60 outers, 5.87 gears, Detroit locker
- Rear Axle: Dana 70, 5.87 gears, Detroit locker
- Springs & Such: Leaf springs front and rear, Rancho RS 9000 shocks
- Tires & Wheels: 42X15.0-17 Pit Bull Rockers on modified Hummer H1 beadlocks
- Other Stuff: Master Craft seats, custom-made front and rear bumpers, Superwinch Husky series 10,000-pound winch, junkyard driveshafts