There's nothing better than opening your garage door every day and finding a handcrafted buggy you built with a little help from your friends, one that's always ready for hardcore trail action. Garrett Ness from the small town of Osburn, Idaho, owns this cool rig and hits the trail whenever he can-rain, snow, sleet, or shine.
The crawler was built with a little help from Garrett's friends at Twisted Customs in Box Elder, South Dakota. He based the rig's chassis design on one of the company's winning buggies, but changed some of the structure to suit his wheeling style. What he wound up with is a tough and dependable rig ready for anything, especially the 100-mile off-road races in Montana and Wyoming he has found himself running.
Custom Rock Buggy
- Engine: '01 4.3L Chevy Vortec V-6
- Transmission: TH350
- Transfer case: Dana 300, TeraFlex 4.1 gears, Toyota flanges
- Front Axle: Toyota Dana 44 Hybrid, 5.29 gears, Eaton electric locker
- Rear Axle: Toyota 8-inch, 5.29 gears, Eaton electric locker
- Springs & Such: (Front) 2.0-inch Sway-A-Way 12-inch travel coilovers and Radflo bumpstops; (Rear) 2.0-inch Sway-A-Way 14-inch travel coilovers and Radflo bumpstops
- Tires & Wheels: 37x1.50R17 Toyo Open Country M/T sticky competition tires on 17x8 OMF beadlocks
- Other Stuff: Twisted Customs fiberglass Jeep Liberty front clip, Lowrance navigation system, Warn 6,000-pound winch, Summit Racing fuel cell, Howe aluminum radiator, custom hydraulic steering system