Subscribe to a magazine

Transfer Case

Back to article View Gallery
3 of 12
When we pulled the old transmission and T-case, we found the tranny input bearing was shot, the bellhousing was full of gear oil, and the top cover was cracked. Cleaning up the other transmission and T-case for installation, we found this mount, which apparently is an early torque-arm mount. Ours was almost entirely missing, but we were able to build a new one from the parts that we did have. We think it was a combination of the shot input, shot clutch, and missing this torque mount that made our original setup chatter and shake in low range.

Advertisement