A Go-Anywhere, Do-Anything Vehicle
Step By StepView Photo Gallery
The Pontiac Aztek SRV (Sport Rally Vehicle) showcases the exterior enhancements to the 2002 Aztek--plus a whole lot more. The Aztek SRV, debuting at the 2001 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas, accents the utility of the vehicle, with numerous modifications inside and out to make it a superior get-away, off-road vehicle.
The go-anywhere, all-wheel-drive Aztek SRV includes interior bicycle carriers in the cargo area, and a roof-mounted cargo carrier, to hold everything needed for a mountain-biking weekend in the woods.
"Aztek SRV appeals to the outdoor enthusiast in all of us," said Sandra Kelley, Pontiac Aztek assistant brand manager-product. "It takes the utility of the stock Aztek to the ultimate level, with innovative GM Accessories and youth-oriented enhancements like the interior bike racks."
The most noticeable features of Aztek SRV are on the outside, beginning with its neat, monotone appearance. The new paint job and reduced body cladding treatment lend a clean, fresh look to the vehicle's candy orange metallic exterior. Skid-plate guards have been attached to the lower front fascia and along the lower sides of the body, and a rear spoiler resides mid-glass on the rear of the vehicle, above a rolled-edge tailpipe extension.
Revised lighting offers an aggressive off-road look, with "puddle" floodlighting on the outside rearview mirrors and front driving lamps incorporated into the front fascia. The rear also features liftgate-mounted overhead flood lighting to illuminate the area in the dark of night far from the city lights.
The interior of Aztek SRV features seats trimmed in leather and canvas with over-the-seat backpacks. In addition to the interior bike racks, there is a removable liftgate backrest, a portable DVD player, adjustable rear speakers and OnStar GPS navigation.
* 3400 V6 engine with Eaton supercharger
* Front-end skid plate (concept)
* Floodlights and turn signals on outside rearview mirrors
* OnStar/GPS and portable DVD player
* Adjustable rear speakers that allow use of sound system with liftgate up
* Rear liftgate-mounted overhead floodlights
* Roof-mounted cargo cage and interior bicycle carriers (current)
* Front driving lamps incorporated into front fascia
* Rolled edge tailpipe extension (concept)
* Overseat backpacks (concept)
* Removable/stowable liftgate backrest (concept) * 2002 model year Aztek exterior enhancements