2011 Pickup Truck Of The Year
Silverado HD vs. Raptor vs. F-250 Super Duty
By Sean P. Holman, Photography by The Four Wheeler Staff
3rd Place: Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Duramax power, Allison transmission, stout chassis, newfound brawn
Looks like the old truck, dated interior, unyielding off-highway ride
A new star trying to get by on "so last year" looks
From The Logbook:
- "Power is just incredible."
- "GM took a huge risk by not upgrading the interior."
- "IFS in this truck has no ride advantage over the Ford on rough trails."
- "Why are the skidplates plastic, and why does the urea tank hang down so low?"
- "Amazing that this thing is almost as fast as the Raptor."
By Sean P. Holman
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!