2011 Four Wheeler of the Year
Jeep Grand Cherokee vs. Lexus GX 460 vs. Land Rover LR4
By Sean P. Holman, Photography by Four Wheeler Staff
2nd Place: Land Rover LR4
Shocking dirt performance, great engine, airy interior, visibility
Expensive, hidden recovery point, very complex
The one to pick if you like to wheel with a computer
From the Logbook:
- "Visibility is unmatched by any other SUV."
- "I wasn't impressed at first with the LR4, but in the end, it won me over."
- "You can't just get in the LR4 and drive-the learning curve is very steep."
- "More Jeep-like off-road than the Jeep in this test."
- "10 extra points for the tailgate."
By Sean P. Holman
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!