Keep checking back for continued coverage of TTC '10 and be sure to visit our blog site at www.fourwheeler.com/blogs and our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/fourwheelermag for even more updates from Top Truck 2010!
TTC 2010 Results
1. # 11 Mike Karwath, Union, Kentucky - 2009 Tube Chassis YJ
2. #36 Joe Quichocho, Mangilao, Guam - Tube Chassis CJ-7 Buggy
3. # 12 PJ Hale, Kempner, Texas - 1948 Willys buggy
4. #48 Ryan Knoche, Hamburg, New York - 1990 Suzuki Samurai/buggy
5. #20 Leo Kuether, Grand Forks, North Dakota - 2007 Cole Works "Fat Girl"
1. #9 Jason Gray, Amity, Oregon - 1975 Chevy Blazer
2. #39 Roger King, Sparta, Tennessee - 1964 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon
3. #23 Brian Barker, Plamondon, Alberta, Canada - 1993 Ford Ranger
4. #21 Kevin Simmons, Wakefield, New Hampshire - 1937 Ford Pickup
5. #50 Darren Sinkey, Oroville, CA - 1989 Ford Bronco
Eighteen years ago, we created Top Truck Challenge as a test of "engineering smarts and driver acumen." Well, even after all these years, Top Truck has stayed true to the original goal of testing machine and driver in some of the most extreme conditions imaginable. This year will be no exception.
In case you're not familiar with the event, Top Truck takes place over the course of almost a week near Hollister Hills, California, at the Hollister Hills SVRA. Ten rigs, chosen exclusively by Four Wheeler readers, compete in seven extreme off-highway events. These events represent almost every discipline of four-wheeling and consist of the Tow Test, Frame Twister, Mud Pit, Obstacle Course, Hillclimb, Mini Rubicon and Tank Trap. All of these events are challenging to one degree or another, but the Tank Trap is the crown jewel of Top Truck. The Trap is a one-of-a-kind, incredibly taxing event that pushes vehicles to the very edge of their design parameters. It can also push teams to their breaking point as they battle the unrelenting obstacles while racing against the clock.
Throughout the course of the week, there is incredible teamwork, fascinating drama, and riveting action. We can't wait for Top Truck Challenge 2010!