Brian Barker: 1993 Ford RangerPosted in Top Truck Challenge: 2010 on November 1, 2010 Comment (0)
The Danger Ranger If ever there was a TTC vehicle where engine performance ensured top status, Brian Barker's full-bodied Ford Ranger would be it. Additionally, Barker is good buddies with the former TTC champ Clayton Kraatz, of Evolution Warthog fame. As such, Barker's undercarriage features two very familiar borrowed components that raised the stakes when Kraatz won at Hollister, and remain unchallenged still today. It's no wonder you, the readers, voted in this bash-proof Blue Oval as the third highest vote-getter in the Truck Class.
- Owner name/city: Brian Barker/Plamondon, Alberta, Canada
- Occupation: Auto parts sales
- Vehicle model: 1993 Ford Ranger
- Estimated value: $100,000
- Engine/aspiration: Ford 598ci V-8/EFI
- Transmission: Hughes full competition C6
- Transfer case: NorthWest Fab NP205/Black Box underdrive
- Suspension (f/r): Double-triangulated four-link, 16-in King coilovers, King air bumps, Evolution rod ends/double-triangulated four-link, 16-in King coilovers, Evolution rod ends
- Axles (f/r): 7-ton ITL SD-70/5-ton ITL SD-50; 5:1 hub reduction gears; Wilwood calipers, custom rotors; full hydro steering
- Axle ratio: 15:1
- Wheels: 20x12 steel bead locks
- Tires: 54-in Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC
- Most looking forward to: "All of it. Probably the Mud Pit, because that is what the big power is meant for."
- Not looking forward to: "The Mini Rubicon. My truck is tall and I have not done any rockcrawling."
- Playing in his iPod/CD player: "Rob Zombie"
- Barker says: "It takes a lot to get my adrenaline running. Nothing can have enough power or go fast enough."