Darren Sinkey: 1989 Ford BroncoPosted in Top Truck Challenge: 2010 on November 1, 2010 Comment (0)
Darren Sinkey made a number of modifications to his big, well-heeled Bronco prior to Top Truck. The mods continued right up until it came time to leave for the event and as a result, he had no time to test the rig. He also came to the event with an aggravated leg injury from a previous dirt bike crash. Nonetheless, Sinkey was ready to compete.
- Owner name/city: Darren Sinkey/Oroville, California
- Occupation: Owner, 12voltguy.com
- Vehicle model: 1989 Ford Bronco
- Estimated value: $35,000
- Engine/aspiration: 351ci Ford V-8/EFI
- Transmission: C6
- Transfer case: NP203/205, Jed's Machining adapter
- Suspension (f/r): Three-link, RaceRunner remote-reservoir coilovers/leaf springs, four shocks
- Axles (f/r): High-pinion Dana 60, Yukon inner axleshafts, Longfield 300M U-joints, Warn outers, ARB Air Locker, PSC hydraulic-assist steering/14-bolt, Superior chrome-moly axleshafts, Detroit Locker
- Axle ratio: 5.13:1
- Wheels: 20x12
- Tires: 46x19.5-20 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw
Darren Sinkey, Team #50
- Most looking forward to: "Tank Trap. Just looks fun."
- Not looking forward to: "Mud Pit. Because it's muddy."
- Playing in his iPod/CD player: "Rob Zombie."
- Sinkey says: "I don't take myself serious. I like to joke around."