Kevin Simmons: 1937 Ford PickupPosted in Top Truck Challenge: 2010 on November 1, 2010 Comment (0)
It isn't everyday you see a rat rod pickup featuring a 6-inch chop sitting on 46-inch tires, and we're pretty sure it takes one heck of a twisted individual to come up with something as totally rad as the '37 Ford pickup known as "Mud Rod." This truck defines the very essence of cool-and while we may not be able to tell you exactly what constitutes cool, we know it when we see it. And we see it here in one sinister TTC challenger. If only Dick Cepek made 20x12-inch steelies to fit some baby moons on it.
- Owner name/city: Kevin Simmons/Wakefield, NH
- Occupation: Owner, KMS Welding and Off-Road Center
- Vehicle model: 1937 Ford Pickup
- Estimated value: $20,000
- Engine/aspiration: 521ci Ford OHV V-8
- Transmission: NP435
- Transfer case: NP205
- Suspension (f/r): 4-link,18-in F-O-A coilover/18-in Fox Air Shocks
- Axles (f/r): Dana 60HP/Sterling 10.25
- Axle ratio: 4.10:1
- Wheels: 20x12-inch Dick Cepek DC-1
- Tires: 46-in Mickey Thompson Baja Claw
Kevin Simmons, Team #21
- Most looking forward to: "Tank Trap. It's the most like what I'm used to."
- Not looking forward to: "Frame Twister looks hard on parts."
- Playing in his iPod/CD player: "What's an iPod? (NH ya know)."
- Simmons says: "Just 'cause I look grumpy I'm not (all the time)."