Top Truck Challenge 2010 Competitors: The Dirty Dozen
Just when you thought you have seen everything, along comes Roger King and his '64 Dodge Power Wagon. Equipped with an über-flexible coil spring suspension, four-wheel steering, and a hydraulically adjustable wheelbase (not a typo), this unique build epitomizes innovation. Additionally, the rig sports a propane-powered 408ci Mopar mill that puts out an estimated 400 horsepower and 425 lb-ft of torque. King is no stranger to TTC-style competition, either. With an extensive background in fabrication and metalwork, this Tennessee-based tool dealer's creation is unlike anything we've seen before. Tipping the scales at nearly 9,500 pounds, we are not surprised that TTC Truck Class fans wanted to see King's heavyweight compete.
- Owner name/city: Roger King/Sparta, Tennessee
- Occupation: Mac tool dealer
- Vehicle model: 1964 Dodge Power Wagon
- Estimated value: $100,000
- Engine/aspiration: Dodge 5.9L OHV V-8/propane injected
- Transmission: NP435
- Transfer case: NP205
- Suspension (f/r): Double-triangulated four-link, coil springs/double-triangulated four-link, coil springs
- Axles (f/r): 21/2-ton Rockwell, Ouverson shafts, spool, pinion brake/21/2-ton Rockwell, Ouverson shafts, spool
- Axle ratio: 6.72:1
- Wheels: Steel 20x12 Stazworks double bead locks
- Tires: 54-in Mickey Thompson Baja Claw TTC
Roger King, Team #39
- Most looking forward to: "Tank Trap. I think it will be survival of the fittest. I look forward to taking my punishment."
- Not looking forward to: "Mud Pit. My truck is not set up for mud and I have no idea how to drive in it."
- Playing in his iPod/CD player: "Wilhelm Richard Wagner (Flight of the Valkyries), Carl Orff ('O Fortuna' from his elegant Carmina Burana), Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1812 Overture)."
- King says: "I love fourwheeling."