Situated on a custom cradle under the cab of the truck is a 454ci Chevy V-8 that was procured from a ’96 Chevy Kodiak truck. This TBI engine is mounted 29 inches rearward and lower than stock. It is mostly stock with the exception of ’69 Camaro-application Hedman Hedders, MSD coil, and a baffled marine-application oil pan. Voltage to spin the starter comes from a nine-year-old Exide Orbital battery. Fava estimates that the mill kicks out approximately 360hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. The relocated engine is one of the reasons why the big Chevy has a weight distribution that is almost equal front-to-rear. Power is sent to a modified TH400 transmission. The Chevy uses two transfer cases. An NP208 is mounted to the transmission and an NP205 is remote-mounted. The driveshafts were made by Arneson Machine of Brookings, Oregon, and use 1410 and 1350 U-joints. The front driveshaft assembly has a total length of 8 1/4 feet.