Daystar: 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ BuggyPosted in Ultimate Adventure: 2010 on November 1, 2010 Comment (0)
1997 Jeep TJ Buggy
Sponsor: Daystar, official polyurethane products supplier
Driver: Trent McGee
Co-driver: Verne Simons
Trent McGee has many accomplishments under his belt: child actor, magazine editor, automotive TV show host, off-road manufacturer's representative, and, most importantly, experienced Ultimate Adventure participant. Trent was on the very first Ultimate Adventure, and he has participated in every one since. His co-driver, Verne Simmons, was a magazine staffer for a number of years and is an experienced four-wheeler. Both men were a blast to be around this year and will hopefully take part in many UAs to come.
- Engine: 4.0L stock
- Transmission: AX-15 5-speed
- Transfer Case: Atlas 4-speed
- Front Axle: Dana 30, 4.88 gears, Detroit Locker, chrome-moly shafts
- Rear Axle: Ford 8.8, 4.88 gears, Detroit Locker, chrome-moly shafts
- Springs & Such: Superlift 3-inch lift long-arm system
- Tires & Wheels: 37x12.50R17 Goodyear MT/Rs on 17x9 Spyderlock beadlocks
Winch & Bumpers: Warn 9.0Rc, custom front bumper
The Rest: Daystar differential guards, MasterCraft seats, K&N air filter, Warn compressor, Flowmaster muffler, TJ buggy kit by AFW Motorsports and Prindle Mfg.