Initially we planned on going spring-under. Though this seems archaic to some folks, we felt the loss of ground clearance would be offset by also losing almost all the axlewrap. We even went so far as to get this awesome spring-under U-bolt plate kit from Dynatrac. The biggest problem we ran into was that the 6-inch lift springs we had were still just too short for the truck. Finally we changed directions and went spring-over in the rear with Tuff Country 3-inch lift springs. This ended up working out perfectly and left just enough room for the rear-steer components, which we will touch on next month.