Lee O’Donnell Lands First Ever Front Flip at Monster Jam
Stunt Edges Out Neil Elliott and Max-D to Take First in Finals
There are few spectator events as all-American as monster truck shows, and no organization is better-known for presenting those shows than Feld Entertainment and Monster Jam. This weekend at the Monster Jam World Finals in Las Vegas, driver Lee O’Donnell, piloting VP Racing Fuel’s Mad Scientist, was able to pull off a stunt that had never been done before: a successful frontal flip. O’Donnell’s stunt helped him narrowly edge out Second Place Neil Elliott in Max-D, who did a reverse back-flip. The top two were separated by just 0.039 points on the leaderboard.
The Las Vegas event also commemorated the 35th anniversary of Grave Digger. Driver Dennis Anderson introduced the next-generation of Grave Digger drivers: his children Adam, Ryan, and Krysten Anderson. Driver Jim Koehler took Third Place in the Freestyle results in Avenger with 9.240 points, Cam McQueen in Northern Nightmare took Fourth with 9.097 points, and Scott Buetow, driving Team Hot Wheels Firestorm, took Fifth with 8.786 points. You can watch O’Donnell’s historic front flip in the video clip below.
Monster Jam World Finals Freestyle Results
1. Lee O’Donnell, VP Racing Fuel’s Mad Scientist – 9.355
2. Neil Elliott, Max-D – 9.316
3. Jim Koehler, Avenger – 9.240
4. Cam McQueen, Northern Nightmare – 9.097
5. Scott Buetow, Team Hot Wheels Firestorm – 9.786
6. Morgan Kane, Grave Digger – 8.193
7. Rosalee Ramer, Wildflower – 8.155
8. Bryce Kenny, Great Clips Mohawk Warriror – 8.100
9. Ryan Anderson, Son-uva Digger – 8.043
10. Colt Stphens, FS1 Cleatus – 7.864
Source: Monster Jam via YouTube